My New Sennheiser PC350 Pro-Gaming Headset

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well today i took delivery of a set of the Sennheiser PC350 Pro-Gaming Headset :)

One word can describe them. That word is WOW!!!!!! :cool:

IMHO, they are worth every penny tbh, unbelievable build quality, Superb sound quality and they look ****ing awesome!

Quick rundown.....The cable is about twice as think as the Sennheiser PC151's I had before and the remote is very chunky and extremely solid to touch.

The connections are as you would expect gold plated, and again very solid.

The headset is extremely comfortable and has a very well made feel about them. They fold up if you want them too.

The sound quality is, well, just amazing. I mean the old 151's certainly were not bad by any means. But these are far better. Bass is deep, punchy and clear, and the mids and highs are very clear and crisp.

I used the bass test tracks from http://www.realmofexcursion.com/ click on the downloads and scroll down to the bass tracks. Then listen to the first and eighth tracks. ;)

Pictures. :)

4k8eqa.jpg

11vma9c.jpg

qxmmte.jpg

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sennheisser have always been good.

A word I rarely use cos it's too American ;) but - awesome :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep the 151's i had were great, these are fantastic. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
They look very nice :nod: This may sound like a silly question, as it's comparing apples to oranges, but would you rather spend £100 on these headphones or have the same to spend on a 2.1/5.1 sound system?

I tried some of the Sennheisers Quad recommended a few years back, and they sounded good :thumb:

Nice desktop pic BTW :D

Reaction score
Nice pictures VR. I like the way they are structured.

We got these Sennheiser HD205 speakers at work pretty mediocre IMO but they hurt like crap.
Very very tight on the head so others say here too!!!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
They look very nice :nod: This may sound like a silly question, as it's comparing apples to oranges, but would you rather spend £100 on these headphones or have the same to spend on a 2.1/5.1 sound system?

I tried some of the Sennheisers Quad recommended a few years back, and they sounded good :thumb:

Nice desktop pic BTW :D
For me, i'd have the headphones. Why? Gaming. You can hear soooooo much more from headphones than playing through your speakers. Binaural Perception is spot on. :D

Also playing with someones who uses their speakers and then has a desktop mic can be not so nice. ;)

Oh and thanks. :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Holy Thread Revival!!!! I didn't think Tinypic would still be hosting those pics! lol

Well, I cant remember if i told you but these developed a fault back when i got them so they got sent back and never did get a new set..... Just stuck with the old faithful 151's.

Over the last few days/weeks the inline control has started to show its age on my current pair of Senny PC151's, must be about 3-4 years old now! (probably the oldest park of my PC System!)

So, I ordered another pair of these badboys yesterday. Using them now.....

WOW! I didn't realise i was missing so much stuff, Black Ops sounds phenomenal now, i mean it was good with the 151's but these things just destroy them!

Me is very happy. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I should never read your posts, V_R... I'm always tempted to buy things afterwards! ;)

I'm currently using some Shure ear buds for gaming, which sound good but aren't as comfotable as over the ear headphones.

Does it make a big difference in terms of directional hearing? I've notice that with my desktop speakers it's very hard to place the direction of footsteps/noises in game (which isn't good for online FPS ;)).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I went from a 5.1 loudspeaker system where the two rear speakers were actually placed directly at each of my ears rather than behind, for cosmetic reasons, to a set of Sennheiser HDR160 wireless over-the-ear headphones.

I can honestly say I get better directional placement with the headphones than I did with the 5.1 setup.Perhaps it's the closeness and the total exclusion of external sounds that make the difference.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Headpohones everytime. :)

Even a cheaper set will give you better directional sound than a set of speakers, especially when twined with a good soundcard. ;)

I dont rate 5.1/7.1 'phones either.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Gaming under headphones be it PC or console is always better. No competition. :)

Its nicer for the guys on the other end of the mic too. ;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Just ordered meself a set of the creative fatal1ty headphones, nice and cheap.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/3302/2...tal1ty-Pro-Series-Gaming-Headset/Product.html

Was eye up the Razer Carcharias but at around twice the price i didnt think it was worth it, even though they come top in this months PC review.

Gaming with headphones gives you so much advantage in an fps game, you canb hear through walls and floors and can tell if someones within 20 metres of you!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Nice looking phones V_R
nod.gif

Would the Sennheiser RS 180/170/160/140/130's have very good sound for gaming ? I realise they do not have a microphone.

:confused:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
yeah they look ok, tbh any decent headphones are going to be better than using speakers.

Mic isn't needed, but i am often on comms with the guys i play with so for me its a necessity. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
V_R said:
yeah they look ok, tbh any decent headphones are going to be better than using speakers.

Mic isn't needed, but i am often on comms with the guys i play with so for me its a necessity. :)

I got a pretty darn good mic with me mobo if I ever need one.

Liked the no wires of the wireless breed but I started to get confused with all the specifications and techno babble.

"The front-row seat to your favorite concert or movie just got a lot closer. The RS 180 wireless headphone system delivers uncanny realism yet-to-be seen in a pair of wireless headphones. The RS 180 makes movie and HDTV marathons an amazing experience thanks to the automatic level control that compensates for variances in the volume of program material to enhance speech intelligibility, just set your comfortable volume level and let ALC do the rest. The open-air speaker system puts you in the action by delivering the most natural sounding private wireless audio experience possible. It even includes a balance control for the ultimate in listening experience customization. The headphones' luxurious velour earpads and headband cushions provide exceptional comfort for hours on end. If you want a font row seat, your ticket is the RS 180."

They seem to be the biz for vids. Just was not sure if they would pick up footsteps and shot direction and give great explosion sounds for games etc etc. :)

Ask a Question