My New Sennheiser PC350 Pro-Gaming Headset

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarb, as you may have read elsewhere I recently purchased a pair of Sennheisser HDR160 wireless 'phones and they're a piece of cake to set up. Never mind all that confusing claptrap you've quoted above, all you need to know is 'They work and they sound good'. Nuff said :D

Mine sound great with games, as I've commented elsewhere and, I believe, in this thread.

I have the 3.5mm stereo audio socket at the front of my case connected to my Auzentech Prelude soundcard and when I plug the headphone receiver into the socket it mutes the rear onboard soundcard sockets. Which means if I wanted to leave a set of 2.1, 5.1 or 7.1 loudspeakers connected for 'normal' use, I could.

One word of advice though, use rechargeable batteries and the Sennheisser's mains adaptor charging lead to keep them charged as normal cells - even the most powerful Duracell batteries - don't last very long at all, they lasted about a day and a half for me, that's one AAA cell in each earphone.

Footnote: Mine don't have that automatic volume thingie, I have volume controls on the receiver, headset itself and the soundcard's software. Since I've been using the headphones though I haven't had to adjust the volume once and as well as a variety of games I've also watched a couple of films using them.

I note the RS180's cost £170.00, my humble HDR180's cost a mere hundred smackers. Both prices taken from Richer Sounds.

Reaction score
The headphones i got are turtle beach px21's as i mentioned the other day are just blowing me away. They do for both xbox and ps3 but are not wireless. They have a sound amp on the line for individual volume control for chat and game sound. I'm now addicted to online gaming. Soooo much improved with the headphones.
All this cos V_R posted about his Sennheisers....lol.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ta for the info Flops. Can't find the HDR's on Richer, they have some RS 160's for £99 though. I'll have a think.
nod.gif

Ask a Question