New PSU, bummer.

Reaction score
I am very annoyed but it looks to me that if i want any kind of decent graphics card running in my new system, then i am going to need yet another psu.

I only bought one a few months ago for my build, thinking a psu is (aside from running out of power) is nearly future proof. Of course im now sitting here with an 18 amp 12 volt rail, whereas i need more along the lines of 30A :(

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Seasonic.html

I like the look of the Seasonic S12 500W/600W, but they are close to £100, which i do not like at all. I know you get what you pay for, but i would rather not pay that.

I doubt i will ever use sli, but seeing as i have an sli motherboard i guess if the funds do ever arise it would be nice to whack another card in.

I am also looking for a 12 volt rail of over 30A, and hopefully 500 - 600W to leave me room should i ever want to upgrade.

Any help would be appreciated, as i am trawling through web pages at a very slow rate.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the seasoic has 36A split accross 2 12V rails, there are a couple from antec, enermax, tagan etc which all seem to put out the same

this article might be worth reading, depending on the rating and efficiency you may be drawing up to 1000W :eek: from the wall just to power your system

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/07/11/stress_test/

they reccomend the S12 seasonic as it has high efficiency and supplies the most stable power

Reaction score
Im confused.

That says that there are 2 12 volt rails on the seasonic S12, each with 16.7A, which is lower than my current 18A 12 volt rail?

or do you combine them?

:S

Last edited:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
having two rails means that each rail can deliver 18A which gives more stable power but in total thats 36A

Reaction score
ok cheers, ill probably get the 600W

thats nearly £100 i didnt expect to have to spend :(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I feel for you there Potguy, that's a lotta money to fork out unexpectedly, but I was wondering what made you so sure you needed 30 amps of juice on the 12V rail?

Have you just added something that's power hungry or something?

Ask a Question