New Project selection Feature

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
A technical feature has been added which allows World Community Grid members who use the BOINC agent to receive work from our other projects if no work is available from the projects they have explicitly selected.

For example, if a member has selected to only receive work from the Help Defeat Cancer project and the user has enabled this new option, then if World Community Grid temporarily runs out of work for the Help Defeat Cancer project then the member will receive work from one of our other active projects.

Once work is again available for the Help Defeat Cancer project, then the user will automatically receive work for that project the next time their computer requests new work.

If a member has not enabled this option and their selected projects do not have work , then the user will not receive any work and their computer will be idle until work is available.

Members can enable this option by going to the My Projects page and checking the box next to the statement 'If there is no work available for my computer for the projects I have selected above, please send me work from another project (this option only applies to BOINC agents).
I would recommend all those Boinc users who have selected to only receive work from one particular project to enable this feature.

:thumb:

Ask a Question