New PCR Design / Forum Software Upgrade

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The test version may be online later on today :). I'll PM the details on how to access it to all those who've mentioned it (+mods).

On the day of the switchover I'll need to take a snapshot of the database in the morning and then move it over to the new site. This means that any posts made on that day may not be moved over to the new site - I'll give notice about this when I know more, as well as covering the site in text to explain what's happening!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The bulk of the coding is now done, with just a few bits to tweak before it's nearly ready. I'll get a demo online tomorrow morning, and if all looks good then Weds may be a good day to move. If not then, I'll next get a chance on Monday. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
What Quad said, its all good for now Ian. Look forward to the newness though. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm still tring to get a few things to work properly, which is means I've held off PMing the demo site around - although I've nearly got it done. I'll hold off making the move till Monday, as switching it over on Weds doesn't give much time. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Whoops, I spotted a problem for anyone viewing via the IP address - this shoud now be fixed ;)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Liking it too Ian, :thumb: it looks fresh and very clear. You have obviously been putting in lots of hard work, well done!! :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Whoops, I spotted a problem for anyone viewing via the IP address - this shoud now be fixed ;)

I was looking at the site before you fixed it and was not too sure where, on what and how I should comment!:D

I just went in took a peek at the site, WOW! The difference between current and the new one is like the difference between a foggy day and a sunny day! I love the rounded edges. I will come back after going through it once more time.
user.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looking good, gonna grab a bite to eat then sort out my hosts file and have a proper look. :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Looks very smart. And nice sharp outlines. And I like the fact that there's only one sidebar. :)

Thought for a minute that there was no "Today's Posts" but there it is in Quick Links. :nod:

We can soon get used to that, Ian. You've done a great job. :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you guys like it :). I'll be adding a few extra things like the "todays posts" button and other bits and bobs once the site is online :D.

Ask a Question