New PC...BSOD error msg

Reaction score
Gurus,

Below is the config of my new PC:

AMD Phenom4 9650
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA78GM-S2HP
4GB of DDR2 800MHz
500GB SATA HDD

I have been getting the following BSOD error msg and sometimes PC freeze.
Can anyone help me pls?

************************************************************************************

A problem has been detected and windows had been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is your first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced start up options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000017, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80527914)

Beginning dumping of physical memory

Physical memory dump complete

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

*************************************************************************************

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
New PC ... under warranty ... send it back!!

That error message is a doozie ... it can covers a wide range of problems.

Check your memory ... is it at its correct settings in the BIOS ... is the memory faulty?

Is the CPU over-heating?

Do you have ALL the latest drivers for ALL your peripherals INCLUDING the operating system?

New PC ... under warranty ... send it back!! :nod:

:user:

Reaction score
Yes ALL the drivers are latest and up-to-date (downloaded from the URL).
Even with no drivers installed, the PC re-boots (BSOD if re-boot disabled) and freezes sometimes.

I used memtest to check the memory. Ran it overnight and found no errors.
Downloaded speedfan utility to check the CPU temp. It shows ~45C to 50C.

Interestingly, PC is running well and good in safe mode without any re-boots/hangs.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
newbie421 said:
Interestingly, PC is running well and good in safe mode without any re-boots/hangs.
ah, that tells me you got a software conflict then ... usually drivers ... could be a bad acting program, or even a corupted file of the OS.

Yes ALL the drivers are latest and up-to-date (downloaded from the URL).
What url ??

We download drivers from the makers of the hardware or program. ie; if you have a nVidia graphics card, your go to nVidia for the drivers, of which there is a new one anyway. :thumb:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314063&sd=RMVP

This checklist is usually the best approach to troubleshooting some specific Stop messages

Examine the “System” and “Application” logs in Event Viewer for other recent errors that might give further clues.

1. To do this, launch EventVwr.msc from a Run box; or open “Administrative Tools” in the Control Panel then launch Event Viewer.
  2. If you’ve recently added new hardware, remove it and retest.
  3. Run hardware diagnostics supplied by the manufacturer.
  4. Make sure device drivers and system BIOS are up-to-date.
  5. However, if you’ve installed new drivers just before the problem appeared, try rolling them back to the older ones.
  6. Open the box and make sure all hardware is correctly installed, well seated, and solidly connected.
  7. Confirm that all of your hardware is on the Hardware Compatibility List. If some of it isn’t, then pay particular attention to the non-HCL hardware in your troubleshooting.
  8. Check for viruses.
  9. Investigate recently added software.
  10. Examine (and try disabling) BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
:)

Reaction score
I see that only GA-MA78GM-S2H is compatible with XP and Vista in the Compatible Product list...
Is GA-MA78GM-S2HP not compatible for 32-bit XP????

Ask a Question