new modum, can't send e-mail

BrianG

Hi,

I had to get a new modum yesterday. Now I cannot send mail
from my primary account, help please....

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'Re:
Manchaug - Zoom centipedes', Account: 'GaffneyB', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required', Port:
587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

mac

BrianG said:
Hi,

I had to get a new modum yesterday. Now I cannot send mail
from my primary account, help please....

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'Re:
Manchaug - Zoom centipedes', Account: 'GaffneyB', Server:
'smtp.comcast.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required',
Port:
587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

See point 12 here:
http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/F...press-for-email&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

BrianG

I'm using Windows for my e-mail

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

What is that supposed to mean? Windows is the underlying operating system (OS).
But the user mostly works through apps such as a mail program or a web browser.
If you need more help you need to be more specific.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

mac said:
BrianG said:
Hi,

I had to get a new modum yesterday. Now I cannot send mail
from my primary account, help please....

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'Re:
Manchaug - Zoom centipedes', Account: 'GaffneyB', Server:
'smtp.comcast.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required',
Port:
587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

See point 12 here:
http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/F...press-for-email&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
http://www.getsafeonline.org/

BrianG

I figured it out, thank you. I'm very much a rookie
when it comes to computers........B

mac said:
BrianG said:
Hi,

I had to get a new modum yesterday. Now I cannot send mail
from my primary account, help please....

The rejected e-mail address was '(e-mail address removed)'. Subject 'Re:
Manchaug - Zoom centipedes', Account: 'GaffneyB', Server:
'smtp.comcast.net',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.1.0 Authentication required',
Port:
587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

See point 12 here:
http://customer.comcast.com/Pages/F...press-for-email&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

--
Regards Steve.