New FireFox and Thunderbird released

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Mozilla have released a new version of the popular Firefox and Thunderbird browser and e-mail client. Why not download them and give them a try (they are free, after all!).

FireFox 1.0 RC2 and Thunderbird 0.9.

MozillaZine have the latest on both products, and provided the following quotes:

The Mozilla Foundation today has released the second release candidate for Firefox 1.0 which can be found on their FTP server. The Firefox developers please ask that you look at the following areas: site authentication (especially over SSL), extension installation via update.mozilla.org and other sites, MacOS X builds, and software update - "we're making another attempt at this. We think we've got the bugs from RC1, so please test by following these instructions." Please report any problems you find in Bugzilla. Along with English builds, a number of localizations are also available for testing. More information on what looks to be the final RC before 1.0 can be found on Ben's weblog.
Thunderbird 0.9 is now available for download! New features include Saved Search Folders (aka Virtual Folders) which allow you to display messages based on previously set search criteria across multiple folders. Message Grouping allows you to organize e-mail in a folder by grouping them based on various attributes like Date, Sender, Label, etc. Thunderbird 0.9 also includes numerous bug fixes and other improvements. For more information, see the release notes.

Kye

Reaction score
firefox is better in so many ways over IE. but, i have had a few problems with compatibility with a few sites out there...but just a few.

Reaction score
I have problems with default browser settings so in the end i always just go back to IE...

Like each one wants to be the default

Ask a Question