Networking AOL. DSL through network hub

Chuck Graziano

I have an AOL DSL line for the internet.
When I run the line through the network hub for everyone
to get on line I can only get 4 people to get on line at
one time. What can I do so more people can get on line at
the same time.

Cerridwen

Chuck said:
I have an AOL DSL line for the internet.

Have you?! That was pretty stupid of you.
When I run the line through the network hub for everyone
to get on line I can only get 4 people to get on line at
one time.

Well that's what you get for signing up with the world's worst IP (and yes,
the missing 'S' is deliberate).

What can I do so more people can get on line at
the same time.

Follow these three simple steps: -

1) Call AOHELL's customer services

2) Cancel your subscription

3) Sign up with a proper ISP

You can't - this is a limitation of AOHELL. This has nothing whatsoever to
do with either MS or Windows.

Shenan Stanley

Chuck said:
I have an AOL DSL line for the internet.
When I run the line through the network hub for everyone
to get on line I can only get 4 people to get on line at
one time. What can I do so more people can get on line at
the same time.

I cannot lie, my opinion about AOL is quite low, except in certain cases.
And after trying it with those cases in mind (if someone has children, would
having AOL broadband help prevent their children from seeing "smut"?) - I
still dislike it because I actually found it easier to get to the smut with
AOL than without. Anywho, my personal experiences aside..

Using a HUB, eh?

Try getting a router. I do not know AOL DSL's particular policy about
DSL/Cable Modem routers, but if they allow them, then you use it instead of
a hub and get your IPs from the router instead of AOL.. Only the router (and
any IPs you pass-thru the router) get IPs directly from AOL. This would
give you over 200 IPs to play with for most routers. And if you have more
than that and you are still using AOL - well, you have some other issues you
need to work out. *grin*

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Sharing Internet Connections with AOL
Is it possible?