From: "Shenan Stanley" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Network Printer
Date: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 7:19 PM
I have installed an HP JetDirect J2550 internal print server card
into a HP LaserJet 4 Plus. I had no trouble using VISTA Home
Premium to set up a network printer.

However, I have been unable to duplicate this using Windows XP
Home. The IP address of the network printer is 192.168.0.7. How
(where) do I enter this info in Windows XP?

Can someone please help.

Add a printer.
When asked for the port, create a new "Standard TCP/IP Port" and put it in
there.

Shenan Stanley

Shenan said:
Add a printer.
When asked for the port, create a new "Standard TCP/IP Port" and
put it in there.
Thanks.

I don't remember seeing this as an option. Will try again. Was it
part of the Wizard?
I don't see this option, create a new Standard TCP/IP Port,
anywhere using the Add Printer Wizard. Is there a way to do this
manually? Or do I do this somewhere in the Router's configuration,
192.168.0.1?

You chose the incorrect option using "a network printer" - it is still a
local printer.

Watch this:

Wondering how I found that?

Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found:

Search using Google!
http://www.google.com/
(How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

I searched for:
how to add a network printer in Windows XP Home
http://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+add+a+network+printer+in+Windows+Xp+Home

That was the first hit.