Network Password,

Reaction score
Network Password,

I got a switch and I connected two laptops to it by cables then another cable coming from the internet provider is connected to this switch (attached).

[FONT=&quot]1. [/FONT]Why I’m required to enter the “network password” (attached)? Originally, how this password is set?

[FONT=&quot]2. [/FONT]How permissions are given to users of other machine? For example, if I’m working on machine named (m-pc), then how can I give a user on the second machine (named n-pc) to access it (m-pc)?

[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT]What “cmd” command that is used to see all the machines connected on the network?

Thank you

Best

Jamal

Attachments

• Clip_33.jpg
    Clip_33.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 284
  • Clip_34.jpg
    Clip_34.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Clip_35.jpg
    Clip_35.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 216
Reaction score
Many thanks for the answer

I’ve set the password on the “n-pc” machine to be “12345678” and I’m trying now to accessing it from the “m-pc”

What user name should I provide? Is it “m-pc”?
What password? Is it “12345678”

Attachments

• Clip_45.jpg
    Clip_45.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 188

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
sorry, it was not my intention to give you the impression I was some kind of Microsoft Network expert, I'm not. I just knew that Win7 sets up a password.

It has been my experience that NO version of Windows can "talk" to any other version of Windows, even the same version, without first paying Microsoft shed loads of money to learn how. Just something I learned over the past few hundred years.

I remember one attempt, you had to make a floppy disk that you then installed onto the machine you wished to talk to, and, I beleive, some people actually got it to work.

Me, I use a USB stick, or just slide my chair over to the other PCs. :)

Hang in there, someone else should be along that may know the answer. Did you not ask Mr Google?

:user:

Ask a Question