Network Cable Unplugged

G

I have to computers with integrated network cards. (one comp has XP Pro, the other XP Home) I am connecting them directly (w/o hubs or switches) and AM using a crossover cable. It has worked fine for a year or so. Than i needed i was doing some work on the XP Home computer and took out several parts, but put everything back exactly the same. Now, when i plugged everything back in, i do not get ANY lights from the network card on EITHER computer... and they BOTH say "Network cable unplugged." Im pretty sure the cable is not bad.

Since this problem... i have taken my XP home to my another house and networked it for some gaming with a switch... all the lights worked and i had a good connection. But the other 1 of the other compters lights just kept blinking and it kept losing its connection... when plugged back into it's origional network port, it worked fine again.

So, ive got to different problems lol. I know that my switch and patch cables are good because i have used them for other stuff. I need some help. Thanks

G

That was it exactly!!! Thanks man! I was getting so frustrated. I think that will also fix that other network problem because his computer, when hooked up to its regular network... worked fine. But when plugged into my switch, wouldnt work! Thanks again
( BTW... for others w/ similar problem, my crossover cable w/ integrated network cards used 100 base Full Duplex... help that helps :D )

Ask a Question