netlogons error in dcdiag

Reaction score
Hello,

For some time I have a problem with my DC. Aleatory the network shares are not available for the user, it's blocking their windows explorer when accesed. Is solved with the restart of the server.

When this occur, I run dcdiag on the server and netlogons fails. Also I run net view from my computer and I can't acces the server. I can ping, I can remotely acces it, but I can't see the shares.

Also, if the server is in error state, the logon of the workstations takes up to 15 minutes.

And another strange thing, sometims the files that user puts on the server are blocking windows explorer. I can't open it, can't delete it, can't do anything. After I reset the server , everything is accesible again.

I reinstalled the DC a couple of months ago, with new and bigger harddrives. For almost 2 weeks all was ok, and those errors start appearing again. I didn't install any softwares, all is installed on the server is data express software form HP for tape backup. And everything is configured from the beggining.
Didn't see any error in the event logs when the server is malfunctioning.

Can anyone helps me solve this problem? Is a pain in the ass, I even change the switches on the network....

Ask a Question