DCdiag reports "missing expected value"

Apollo

Hi,

Have an interesting AD query.

A genuis Help Desk support person added an XP pc to the domain with the same
name as a remote site server and this XP PC managed to take over the site DC
attributes i.e. FRS et al..

Using DCDIAG on one of my site servers (remote location WAN) reports the
following:
[1] Problem: Missing Expected Value
Base Object:
CN= GREENHUNDRED,OU=Domian Controllers,DC=apollo,DC=local
Base object Description: "DC Account Object"
Value Object Attribute Name: frsComputerReferenceBL
Value Object Description: "SYSVOL FRS Member Object"
See q312862

How can I remove/fix the error above?

Thanks..

Morgan che

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your posting here.

"Missing Expected Value" problem is probably caused by File Replication
service (FRS). If customer delete an AD object by mistake or without sense
of importance, it may affect FRS and cause some problems.

For example, if customer delete NTDS Settings object on a domain controller
(regardless of whether it is orphaned or offline), the Server-References
attributes on the FRS member object become null. Null Server-Reference
attributes halt inbound and outbound replication of SYSVOL on the domain
controller. It's common seminary to cause "Missing Expected Value" problem
when customer is running dcdiag command.

So, I would recommend you to run ntfrsutl command to view the state of FRS
replication in order to analyze this issue.

Here, I also provide two useful KB article to assist you to do
troubleshoot, which covers "how to troubleshoot FRS" and "how to recovery
missing FRS"
I hope these help.

Recovering missing FRS objects and FRS attributes in Active Directory
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=312862

How To Troubleshoot the File Replication Service in Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327341

I am looking forward to your feedback. If anything is unclear, please feel
free to post back and I am happy to be of further assistance.

Regards

Sincerely
Morgan Che
Microsoft Online Support

Morgan che

Dear Customer,

How are you?

May I know if this issue is resolved? If not, please feel free to let me
know.

Thanks

Sincerely
Morgan Che