Net monitoring

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Hopefully I have posted this in the right place.
I have one compute running Windows 7/Linux and one computer running XP SP3.
My ISP is TalkTalk. Router is a D-Link DSL-2640R. With my package I get 80gig download per month.
What I am after is some form of monitoring software to monitor internet use.
I am not a heavy downloader, but I do use Skype heavily. And Use BBC iPlayer quite a bit.
Is there any decent freeware software out there that I could use for monitoring ?

Thank you in advance for any help given. :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Thank you. I shall take a look. Yes Google may be my friend, but I prefer to ask people that might know a thing or two. Isn't that the whole idea of a forum ?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
EvanDavis said:
Thank you. I shall take a look. Yes Google may be my friend, but I prefer to ask people that might know a thing or two. Isn't that the whole idea of a forum ?

Yes it is.

We have touched upon this subject in this forum before.

Human input is far superior to bots.

And regular human input also keeps a forum alive.

I often ask things here myself without searching and I've been here 10 years +

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Couple more suggestions for you :) I've seen some recommendations for "Wallwatcher" which seems to work with most routers (there is a very long list at the bottom of the page.) It is free, but "shareware."

Or, I have another suggestion called ISP Monitor which is "freeware"

ISP Monitor will tell you about your current bandwidth usage but will also show the bandwidth stats recorded by your provider. These stats are gathered from your providers website, where supported.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestions Taffycat. I shall have a look at them at some point today.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Couple more suggestions for you :) I've seen some recommendations for "Wallwatcher" which seems to work with most routers (there is a very long list at the bottom of the page.) It is free, but "shareware."

Or, I have another suggestion called ISP Monitor which is "freeware"

Thanks Taffycat. I had a look at your links. neither are really up to much. I shall keep looking though. I did however give TalkTalk a call and asked if they had any sort of monitoring software for client side. I had a yes from one chap, but after been passed from one person to the next and somehow everything got lost in translation I gave up. My brother has said there is software on the market o buy, but I have looked and they all come with things like reg cleaners etc attached. Thank you to all of you for your help. MAybe somebody else will be able to add at a later date..

Ask a Question