Need to find all email that aren't associated with contacts

F

frankieplus

How can I do this?

I have a folder full of emails. Some of these emails are associated with contacts (the contact's email address).

A lot of these emails are not associated with a contact and I want to put them in a different folder called 'Miscellaneous'.

How can I seperate them all. I don't know which emails belong to contacts and which emails have no contact association.

Outlook 2007

-Frankie

R

Roady [MVP]

You can create a rule with the condition "sender is in specified Address
Book"
Then run the rule manually on the folder.

F

frankieplus

Is it possible to create a rule to move messages with a specific email address in the -body- of the message?

I want to search for all emails with an email address in the body rather than 'sent by'.

Also - How do I create a blank rule? I seem to have two options,
'check messages when they arrive' and 'check messages after sending'.

Which should i chose in making a blank rule for what I want to do?

Thanks for your help..

-Frankie

newsgroups_DELETE_ wrote on Fri, 16 May 2008 22:0

R

Roady [MVP]

Yes, choose the rule "with specific words in the body"

You need to create a rule for when messages arrives.

F

frankieplus

Thanks for all this.. Need to know one more rule :)

I need to search a folder, in all message bodies for email addresses that are NOT a contact.

I have a folder with messages and in some of the message bodies, there is an email address which belongs to a contact. I want to move all messages that don't have an email address in the body, that belongs to any contact.

-Frankie

newsgroups_DELETE_ wrote on Mon, 19 May 2008 19:1

Ask a Question