Need some haggling tips (mobile contract)!

Reaction score
I should get my new blackberry today, but i still need to call up Orange to addon BiS plan.

Basically, got any tips to haggle the price? I'm on £35 a month, unlimited text and 400 minutes, i'm thinking maybe ask to take minutes off (i rarely call, probably use like 100-200 minutes if that) and to add on the BiS instead as i don't want to go over £35 a month, something like that? I've been with Orange for a few years now.

Someone said they were on £35 a month too, added the bundle on, and haggled with the woman, and he got her to make it £25 a month then adding the bundle on top, i want that! Got it even cheaper lol

Any tactics to use? Special "words"? lol :) Thanks.

Ad

Advertisements

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The best way to haggle with your new contract is to see what other providers will offer. Try taking a look at o2/3/Vodaphone to see what they offer with a similar phone and then just ask Orange to match/better it. :) Unless you're a smooth talker, then it's unlikely they'll budge much without knowing that another provider can better it, or if they think you are going to be leaving them.

Good luck :D

Reaction score
Well, thing is, i've only just recently renewed my contract, say, a few months ago, so i would have alot to pay off if i said i was moving so ... :s

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah, I see - in that case it may be a little more difficult. I'd try sweet talking them :lol:.

You could always try your idea about subtracting minutes in place of the BiS plan and see what they say. Hope it works for you :)

Ad

Advertisements

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Belloni said:
Well, thing is, i've only just recently renewed my contract, say, a few months ago, so i would have alot to pay off if i said i was moving so ... :s
You stuck tbh. If you were at the end then you could say you want your PAK code to move networks. Your in contract with them. ;)

Ask a Question