Need help with DVD/CD-RW Drive (E:)

C

cjones40

K so im basically your average guy with computers trying to finish a school project. My problem is that im trying to burn my video project ive created on windows movie maker, onto a recordable DVD+R disc . BUT when i click publish movie, and then choose recordable CD then click next. It brings me to thi

There is no disc in the CD burner. Insert a CD, and then try again

Insert a recordable CD into drive E:\[/i

Ive also gotten things llike No DVD recorder detected!, so my project is due tomorrow now since I couldn't get it today. I am using blanks discs that are Staples brand, and i dont know if the discs im using could be the problem. there brand new. Any help would be very much appreciated!!!!!

Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

R

Richard in AZ

K so im basically your average guy with computers trying to finish a school project. My problem is that im trying to burn my video project ive created on windows movie maker, onto a recordable DVD+R disc . BUT when i click publish movie, and then choose recordable CD then click next. It brings me to this

There is no disc in the CD burner. Insert a CD, and then try again.

Insert a recordable CD into drive E:\

Ive also gotten things llike No DVD recorder detected!, so my project is due tomorrow now since I couldn't get it today. I am using blanks discs that are Staples brand, and i dont know if the discs im using could be the problem. there brand new. Any help would be very much appreciated!!!!!

Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

Have you confirmed that your computer came with a DVD burner? Could it have only a CD burner?
What is the make and model of your computer?
Also, I see your are used to text messaging. It helps if you write in full English with appropriate capitals and full words.

T

t-4-2

DVD/CD-RW = you can play both DVDs and CDs, but only writable on CDs.
DVD RW = it can both READ and WRITE to DVDs and CDs
You have the wrong equipment.
t-4-2

in message news:[email protected]...

Ask a Question