Need For Speed Underground 2

Reaction score
Afternoon Folks,

This is my first post on any kind for forums ever so please forgive any mistakes.

i have NFS:U2 and have done for some time now, but i can only play it by lowering the level of detail right down. When i try and turn it up i just get black patches all over the screen.

i checked the spec of the game against that of my pc and it was all above the requirments to run the game. The only thing i have tryed was increasing my memory but this did not change a thing.

is there anyone out there that has any idea of solving this problem so i can enjoy this game to the full.

Thanks you for your time.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Screamingeagle_23 said:
Afternoon Folks,

This is my first post on any kind for forums ever so please forgive any mistakes.

i have NFS:U2 and have done for some time now, but i can only play it by lowering the level of detail right down. When i try and turn it up i just get black patches all over the screen.

i checked the spec of the game against that of my pc and it was all above the requirments to run the game. The only thing i have tryed was increasing my memory but this did not change a thing.

is there anyone out there that has any idea of solving this problem so i can enjoy this game to the full.

Thanks you for your time.

if youre still about, what are your system specs ?

newbie said:
hello new here just been playing nfsug2 and i am getting no headlight beam

have you changed any settings ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The PC manufacure usually dosent update anything they install Windows if it works sell it. It could have Mirosoft generic driver installed.
Get into the bios and check everything, video card settings are usually in there make sure it matches, the PC manufacure doesnt do it.
Update the chipset drivers Intell, VIA, SIS ect.
Google the video card manufacure and look for software, driver updates.
burn the updates on CD so ya wont have to look for them again.

Newest products like video cards have several updates as time goes on. Save the URL and keep checking for updates.

Check in Add Remove you should have Directx 9. The new versions of NFS dont work with DX 8.1
Some ATI drivers need SP2 with XP, SP4 with 2000
You can get it at Microsoft downloads.

Last edited:

Ask a Question