Need a new game to play

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just finished Medal of Honor, Allied Assault, finished Blue Shift over the weekend (my, that expansion pack is short :( ) and completed Wolfenstein some time ago.

I need something else to play!

Anybody got any suggestions?

As you can see, I do like a good FPS, MOHAA was probably the best game in that genre I've ever played.

That new Star Wars game, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, looks good. Is it out yet? Anybody played it?

Reaction score
I thought u bought Shogun Flops? Changed your mind?

Im still playing that one...its kicking my little booty.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
IA:

Nope, haven't changed my mind, I'm still going to get it. Trouble is, there's only one store selling the Special edition for 20 and I just haven't been that way lately (Bromley, Kent).

Everybody else wants 30 for it, so I'm just hanging on til I'm over that way again :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm a MOHAA guy myself too - great game! (especially the beach landing)

I've just bought Jedi : Outcast, and its a good game (not great, but good). There are ALOT of switches to press here and there on each level, but there are lightsabers that make up for this ;)

Reaction score
Outcast is over rated. It seems most FPS games are just clones of each other, just different 3d designs. Point and shoot... gets boaring after a bit. :(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Wotcha Skamp!

Nah, I'll wait for it to be ported to PC, don't want no console!

Have now got Shogun Total War, Warlords Edition, not really sure if I like it :( I'll persevere and see if I change my mind.

Right now I'm playing Planescape Torment, bought it ages ago and only just got round to playing it - great game.

Although right now I've nearly completed the first level - The Mortuary - and these big skeletons with massive swords keep killing me...:angry:

Reaction score
games, well a few goodies but cheapies.....I mean oldies, Get MDK2, serious sam, going to throw up the UT server again with new maps, Diablo LOD (still fun as !@!!), Combat flight sim 2.

Games, I am wasting my life away, and some hair when I get stuck in a section that I can't pass

Reaction score
Re: Wotcha Skamp!

Originally posted by floppybootstomp
Have now got Shogun Total War, Warlords Edition, not really sure if I like it :( I'll persevere and see if I change my mind.

Not your fancy bro? I love this game...very good RTS, requires lots of thinking and planning...no instant gratification here :)

Hehe Katz when u gonna let me frag your booty again on UT

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
If interested in Golf try Tiger Woods 2002 PGA tour on EA label. I am enjoying it these days. Fabulous graphics, intersting courses, nice music too.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Quads:

At the risk of offending yourself, Mucks & IA, I don't find golf either for real or on the PC particularly interesting at all.

I tried 'Links '99' a whiles back, bored me to tears.

Sorry, but thanks for the suggestion anyways...

Reaction score
I've gotten back into RollerCoaster Tycoon. :D Oddly enough, I can never get enough of that game.

I'm waiting for Warcraft III, GTA3 (PC), RCT II, Doom III (engine, mostly).

All in good fun. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah yes, GTA3 is on my "must play" list :D

I've been playing transport tycoon recently, even olded - its so fun! I think its freeware now, and its only a few megs

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Re: Golf

Originally posted by floppybootstomp
At the risk of offending yourself, Mucks & IA, I don't find golf either for real or on the PC particularly interesting at all.

You definitely are NOT offending me. Perfectly understandable. I know you enjoy Porche 2000, me too. Have you come across by any chance any similar game ?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Driving games eh Quad? Um, Breakneck is pretty good, came out about 3 years ago, not very realistic, but good fun, incredible sense of speed. Will only work with WIN98/95 though.

Midtown Madness Two is also lots of fun, again not that realistic.

All the 'real' motor racing Games, the Formula One types, I find a little difficult, not really into them.

I notice Driver is out on budget now, have heard good things about it, might just try it.

That's about all the experience I have with driving games, unless you go a bit further back.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Flops,

Thanks for the update, I guess I have to stick to the Porche 2000 for sometime to come.

kristel

Blonde - But salvageable
Reaction score
Jedi outcast is very good. The plot is actually quite reasonable too. Kept me interested! The force powers are great when you get them on full.... :) Just suggest putting them on keys that you can reach while still moving!

I hear Unreal 2 is out soon... that looks good, and Morrowind: Elder Scrolls III.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Kristel:

Unreal 2 should be good, and Doom 3, I hear they're both due out towards the end of this year, here's hoping. I'm very tempted to get hold of Jedi Outcast now :)

Quad:

I forgot to mention Toca Touring Cars 2 and Colin McRae Rally, both versions 1 & 2. Toca 2 and CMR 1 are quite realistic and although I personally don't think they're as good as Porsche 2000 NFS, they're close.

They're on budget or PM me for demo.

Ask a Question