NB

I get the following results from running dcdiag from my
ridmaster in a two domain controller environment. We are
running Windows 2000 server in AD mode. I am continueing
to receive these messages from the event logs. Any help
would be gratly appreciated.

The attempt to establish a replication link with parameters

Partition: CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=eef
Source DSA DN: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=INETSVR-
2,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-
Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=eef
Source DSA Address: 3f08d08e-c1a5-44b7-bb23-
79c3a1e423f4._msdcs.eef
Inter-site Transport (if any):

failed with the following status:

The DSA operation is unable to proceed because of a DNS
lookup failure.

The record data is the status code. This operation will
be retried.

Steve Dodson [MSFT]

Is your domain name eef? if this is the case, you may have a DNS lookup
problem due to it being a single label domain.
An RFC compliant DNS domain name would be eef.local, eef.com, eef.int, etc.

You may also see numerous netlogon events in the event log stating that you
cannot register the connection in DNS

The following article explains what needs to be done to configure your
domain for a single label domain

300684 Information About Configuring Windows 2000 for Domains With
Single-Label
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=300684

If you do not have a Single Label Domain, the following article may be of
assistance:

260371 Troubleshooting Common Active Directory Setup Issues in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=260371

Hope That Helps

Steve Dodson [MSFT]
Directory Services