Navigation Pane Question Please

B

Bob Newman

Outlook 2010
I have a question regarding the Outlook Navigation Pane (the pane on the far left that shows all of your Outlook folders). All of the folders appear in alphabetical order, is there a way I can change this to a more personal preference with the more important folders towards the top? I tried dragging and dropping the folders but Office would not allow this (it would let me drag & drop to make a folder a sub-folder of another one).

Thanks in advance... Bob

C

Char Jackson

Outlook 2010
I have a question regarding the Outlook Navigation Pane (the pane on the far left that shows all of your Outlook folders). All of the folders appear in alphabetical order, is there a way I can change this to a more personal preference with the more important folders towards the top? I tried dragging and dropping the folders but Office would not allow this (it would let me drag & drop to make a folder a sub-folder of another one).

Thanks in advance... Bob

I just answered this in another group. Had you crossposted rather than
multiposting, that reply would also show up here.

B

Bob Newman

Outlook 2010
I have a question regarding the Outlook Navigation Pane (the pane on the far left that shows all of your Outlook folders). All of the folders appear in alphabetical order, is there a way I can change this to a more personal preference with the more important folders towards the top? I tried dragging and dropping the folders but Office would not allow this (it would letme drag & drop to make a folder a sub-folder of another one).

Thanks in advance... Bob

Thanks for your response,I was unsure as to which group I should post to. How do I multipost? What is the advantage in doing it that way? Thanks, I'm trying to learn the correct way.

Bob

C

Char Jackson

Thanks for your response,I was unsure as to which group I should post to. How do I multipost? What is the advantage in doing it that way? Thanks, I'm trying to learn the correct way.

Here are three recent replies to that question. All have said it
better than me.

-----------

Please do not send the same message separately to more than one
newsgroup (called multiposting). Doing so just fragments the thread,
so someone who answers in one newsgroup doesn't always get to see
answers from others in another newsgroup. And for those who read all
the newsgroups the message is multiposted to, they see the message
multiple times instead of once (they would see it only once if you
correctly crossposted instead). This wastes everyone's time, and gets
you poorer help than you should get.

If you must send the same message to more than one newsgroup, please
do so by crossposting -- sending a single message simultaneously to
multiple newsgroups (but only to a *few* related newsgroups).
Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP

-----------

See replies to your SAME post that you separately MULTI-posted in
other newsgroups. Now you'll have to remember to which other
newsgroups you multi-posted and go check each of them for replies
instead of having maintained the discussion within a single
cross-posted thread.

Learn to cross-post:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html
VanguardLH