Nav link buttons not showing up after pub / FP 2003 to UNIX server

I publish to an Apache server using FP2003 and after publishing, the nav link
buttons only show up as hyperlinks and not the graphical buttons as they
appear in the design.

I used a theme and shared borders and was told that that might be a problem.

Also, my host co. has only up to FP2002 extensions on their server -- and
I'm using FP2003. Also told this may be a problem.

When I view the site remotely off the host's server using FP2003, the nav
buttons appear as they do in the design, but not through any browser.

Is there anything to try within FP2003 to get the buttons to work without
totally redesigning the site? Should I get an old copy of FP2002 somewhere
and try publishing with that? Should I expect that my host co. should be
compatible with FP2003 -- and therefore look for a new host?

Thanks. I'm new to FP site publishing and appreciate any insights I receive.

Thomas A. Rowe

First there are no FP2003 extensions, only FP2000 or FP2002 extensions and FP2003 can work with
either, however the features in FP2003 that requires the extensions are the same one as in FP2002.

Can you provide a URL to your site?

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Stefan B Rusynko

Try opening your online web in FP
File Open Web/Site and enter http://www.teresa-peterson.com/
Open the nav view and change anything
(add a temporary new page)
Open your left shared border page and check the nav bar properties (select the default theme under style), and then run a Tool
Recalculate Hyperlinks to see if the theme buttons appear

--

| Thanks for the reply Thomas.
|
| The URL is www.teresa-peterson.com
|
| The hyperlinks on the left are supposed to be buttons that are part of a
| theme that I am using. Everything else in the site looks just as it should.
|
| "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
|
| > First there are no FP2003 extensions, only FP2000 or FP2002 extensions and FP2003 can work with
| > either, however the features in FP2003 that requires the extensions are the same one as in FP2002.
| >
| > Can you provide a URL to your site?
| >
| > --
| > ==============================================
| > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| >
| > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| > ==============================================
| > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

| > > buttons only show up as hyperlinks and not the graphical buttons as they
| > > appear in the design.
| > >
| > > I used a theme and shared borders and was told that that might be a problem.
| > >
| > > Also, my host co. has only up to FP2002 extensions on their server -- and
| > > I'm using FP2003. Also told this may be a problem.
| > >
| > > When I view the site remotely off the host's server using FP2003, the nav
| > > buttons appear as they do in the design, but not through any browser.
| > >
| > > Is there anything to try within FP2003 to get the buttons to work without
| > > totally redesigning the site? Should I get an old copy of FP2002 somewhere
| > > and try publishing with that? Should I expect that my host co. should be
| > > compatible with FP2003 -- and therefore look for a new host?
| > >
| > > Thanks. I'm new to FP site publishing and appreciate any insights I receive.

Hanz Silvestre

Hi Steven. I have the same problem he has. Do you know if
this was ever resolved? Im using FP2003 and the remote
server has FP extensions. My link buttons show up as
hyperlinks when published. I tried your recommendations
below. What do you do after you recalculate? In my case,
the buttons reappeared.
Open your left shared border page and check the nav bar
properties (select the default theme under style), and
then run a Tool
Recalculate Hyperlinks to see if the theme buttons appear

"Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (- ;

"JC Lindquist" <[email protected]>
wrote in message (e-mail address removed)...
| Thanks for the reply Thomas.
|
| The URL is www.teresa-peterson.com
|
| The hyperlinks on the left are supposed to be buttons that are part of a
| theme that I am using. Everything else in the site looks just as it should.
|
| "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
|
| > First there are no FP2003 extensions, only FP2000 or
FP2002 extensions and FP2003 can work with
| > either, however the features in FP2003 that requires
the extensions are the same one as in FP2002.

| > Can you provide a URL to your site?
| >
| > --
| > ==============================================
| > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
| > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
| >
| > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
| > ==============================================
| > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
| > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
| >
| > "JC Lindquist" <JC
| > news:BFA11545-D559-41B6-BE5C- (e-mail address removed)...
| > > I publish to an Apache server using FP2003 and after publishing, the nav link
| > > buttons only show up as hyperlinks and not the graphical buttons as they
| > > appear in the design.
| > >
| > > I used a theme and shared borders and was told that that might be a problem.
| > >
| > > Also, my host co. has only up to FP2002 extensions on their server -- and
| > > I'm using FP2003. Also told this may be a problem.
| > >
| > > When I view the site remotely off the host's server using FP2003, the nav
| > > buttons appear as they do in the design, but not through any browser.
| > >
| > > Is there anything to try within FP2003 to get the buttons to work without
| > > totally redesigning the site? Should I get an old copy of FP2002 somewhere
| > > and try publishing with that? Should I expect that my host co. should be
| > > compatible with FP2003 -- and therefore look for a new host?
| > >
| > > Thanks. I'm new to FP site publishing and
appreciate any insights I receive.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28aka:_Crash_Gordo

Not sure exactly what you're asking. But, after you recalculate hyperlinks you Re-Publish.

What's the URL?

| Hi Steven. I have the same problem he has. Do you know if
| this was ever resolved? Im using FP2003 and the remote
| server has FP extensions. My link buttons show up as
| hyperlinks when published. I tried your recommendations
| below. What do you do after you recalculate? In my case,
| the buttons reappeared.

| >|
| >| The URL is www.teresa-peterson.com
| >|
| >| The hyperlinks on the left are supposed to be buttons
| that are part of a
| >| theme that I am using. Everything else in the site
| looks just as it should.
| >|
| >| "Thomas A. Rowe" wrote:
| >|
| FP2002 extensions and FP2003 can work with
| the extensions are the same one as in FP2002.

| etc.
| FrontPage support see:

| after publishing, the nav link
| graphical buttons as they

| that that might be a problem.

| on their server -- and

| server using FP2003, the nav
| through any browser.

| buttons to work without
| copy of FP2002 somewhere
| that my host co. should be
| new host?

| appreciate any insights I receive.
| >| >

| >.

Hanz Silvestre

Thanks for the reply. I was able to fix it after seeing a
theme to start using the link bars. Using link bars
without a theme is obviously not a good idea.
Not sure exactly what you're asking. But, after you
recalculate hyperlinks you Re-Publish.
What's the URL?