Nav Bar not working on live site

G

I am using FP 2003 with a DWT. I have some third-level pages in the Navigation structure that are marked as NOT "Included in Link Bars". The Link bar in the DWT is set to "Child pages under Home". When I display these pages in FP Preview mode, the link bar looks fine. When I publish these to the live site, the link bars are empty and the banner does not display either. It is like the live site does not think these pages are part of the navigation structure

One other wierd thing. The live site shows the links as [ Xxxxx ] [ Xxxxx ], but they are defined as Xxxxx | Xxxxx and show that way in preview.

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Try removing the Do not display in the Nav view from those pages and check your style
- Child pages under home are 1st level pages (under top/global level - your home page)
Then run a Tools Recalculate Hyperlinks, reopen and resave your DWT, and File Preview in Browser your DWT to see if it is correct
Reapply your DWT to all pages
- note: for sites running the FP SE, you have to reopen each page to reapply a DWT

--

| I am using FP 2003 with a DWT. I have some third-level pages in the Navigation structure that are marked as NOT "Included in Link
Bars". The Link bar in the DWT is set to "Child pages under Home". When I display these pages in FP Preview mode, the link bar
looks fine. When I publish these to the live site, the link bars are empty and the banner does not display either. It is like the
live site does not think these pages are part of the navigation structure.
|
| One other wierd thing. The live site shows the links as [ Xxxxx ] [ Xxxxx ], but they are defined as Xxxxx | Xxxxx and show that
way in preview.

R

Ronx

Does your live site run under FP2000 extensions? If so the effects you see
are normal.

Under FP2000 extensions, pages marked not included in link bars will be
excluded from all navigation, as if they do not exist.
My work-around for this is to create a page (which can be left empty), move
it into the navigation and mark it as excluded from navigation. Then place
the other pages under it, marked as included in link bars, though in your
case Stefan's plan will be easier.

The link bar format Xxxx | Xxxxxx requires FP2002 extensions, otherwise
defaults to [ Xxxxx ] [ Xxxxx ]

--
Ron

Reply only to group - all emails will be deleted unread.

Jim Zeeb said:
I am using FP 2003 with a DWT. I have some third-level pages in the
Navigation structure that are marked as NOT "Included in Link Bars". The
Link bar in the DWT is set to "Child pages under Home". When I display
these pages in FP Preview mode, the link bar looks fine. When I publish
these to the live site, the link bars are empty and the banner does not
display either. It is like the live site does not think these pages are
part of the navigation structure.
One other wierd thing. The live site shows the links as [ Xxxxx ] [
Xxxxx ], but they are defined as Xxxxx | Xxxxx and show that way in preview.

G

Yes, both of these behaviors were caused by using FP2000 Extensions. Upgrading to FP2002 extensions fixed the issues. Thanks for the help.

Ask a Question