Mystery .pst folders

When I'm in Folder View (OL 2003), in addition to the Personal Folder that I
use all the time, 3 additional .pst folders appear at the bottom of my list.
Whenever I click on any of them, I get the following message:

"This error usually appears if the OST or PST file you are using is:

Unavailable
Protected with file permissions
On a share on a server and the network is down
Corrupt

To correct this problem, store the OST or PST file on the local computer.
You may also want to run the scanost.exe and scanpst.exe tools to verify
file integrity."

Any ideas?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

You've told us nothing.
List the steps that produced these files.

Russ,
That's part of the problem... I have no idea where they came from. Because
of the number of folders in my Personal Folder and the way I display them,
they could have been there for awhile without ever being seen.

When I right click on the folder icon for each of these mystery folders, the
menu displays "<0w#25>" in the Close field and when I click on it, the
following message is displayed:

"You cannot close the mailbox that contains your calendar, contacts, and
inbox."

When I right click on the folder and and click on Outlook Data File, the
following message is displayed:

"The set of folders could not be opened. The requested information store
could not be found in the active profile."

The same thing happens with each of the 3 folders.

If there's a way for me to attach a screen snap shot in this newsgroup and
if would help, I'll be glad to do so.

--
Pyramid 36 "Ken"

Russ Valentine said:
You've told us nothing.
List the steps that produced these files.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Somewhere along the line you've corrupted your profile. This can happen when
migrating data incorrectly or by trying to import an entire PST file.
Just create a new profile from scratch and configure it correctly to use the
PST file you want.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Pyramid 36 said:
[...]

Russ Valentine said:
You've told us nothing.
List the steps that produced these files.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Pyramid 36 said:
When I'm in Folder View (OL 2003), in addition to the Personal Folder
that
use all the time, 3 additional .pst folders appear at the bottom of my
list.
Whenever I click on any of them, I get the following message:

"This error usually appears if the OST or PST file you are using is:

Unavailable
Protected with file permissions
On a share on a server and the network is down
Corrupt

To correct this problem, store the OST or PST file on the local
computer.
You may also want to run the scanost.exe and scanpst.exe tools to
verify
file integrity."

Any ideas?

Russ,
Where do I go to create a new profile?
--
Pyramid 36 "Ken"

Pyramid 36 said:
[...]

Russ Valentine said:
You've told us nothing.
List the steps that produced these files.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Pyramid 36" <ken(at)cotterkimbrough.com> wrote in message
When I'm in Folder View (OL 2003), in addition to the Personal Folder
that
use all the time, 3 additional .pst folders appear at the bottom of my
list.
Whenever I click on any of them, I get the following message:

"This error usually appears if the OST or PST file you are using is:

Unavailable
Protected with file permissions
On a share on a server and the network is down
Corrupt

To correct this problem, store the OST or PST file on the local
computer.
You may also want to run the scanost.exe and scanpst.exe tools to
verify
file integrity."

Any ideas?

Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]

Russ is on vacation at the moment so I'll try to help...

You can create a new profile in the Control Panel's Mail applet.