My Website

Reaction score
I just dont have the time for websites at the minute. I prefere to write the raw HTML, so that it is clear in my head, without all the crap the programs put in. It does however mean that it takes forever.
I should have some free time coming up soon, so I may be able to get some more practice in. memoorhouse.co.uk REALLY needs working on badly.

Reaction score
If you run your own server I'd check your contract with your ISP - which in UK is either NTL cable or ADSL. I know my cable contract says i cannot act as a web host because it hogs bandwidth. And if you really want to be abiding, your windows contract states no more than 5 computers can access yours. If you had more than 5 users at the same time (i think) you'd have broken your contract.

That really sucks. Also, running your own box, you really have to be security concious. I run my own when I'm developing sites for people (not designs but PHP backends) which allows them to see it in a developement environment.

-Pete

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Originally posted by hack
I just dont have the time for websites at the minute. I prefere to write the raw HTML, so that it is clear in my head, without all the crap the programs put in. It does however mean that it takes forever.
I should have some free time coming up soon, so I may be able to get some more practice in. memoorhouse.co.uk REALLY needs working on badly.

Have you managed to get any more of Memoorhouse.co.uk done?

Reaction score
memoorhouse.co.uk

No, sorry, I'm going crazy trying to write a report for the methodist church, and theres Holiday club starts later today, so I still havent stopped. :( I WILL get round to it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok - glad to hear its still being worked on though :D

Ask a Question