Building a Website

Reaction score
I'm thinking of building my own website, looking at .com .co.uk & .net
Nothing to fancy but cheapish, Looked at easily and with all 3 domain names + business starter website hosting & .com email hosting basic package & it come's to under £90. Is this a good deal using their business starter hosting.

I've bought before at easily, but have not gone for hosting before.
Aim is just to have the site as an on-going project over the next few months etc.

Are they good to go with or are their other domain companies that offer the same but cheaper?

Any thoughts or view most welcome, oh & if i buy in December i get to save about £30 via easily.

Cheers in advance.:thumb:

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just had a look at the Easily hosting packages, and they don't look as good as I thought they would be (they are good with domain names though). It might be worth taking a look at Kualo.co.uk, as PCR used to be hosted with them a few years ago and they were very good indeed :)

To pick the right package you'll need to know the rough amount of databases, space and bandwidth you might need. Is the site a small personal site, a business one or one with dynamic content like forums (which need databases). I could suggest a good package if you can let me know the things you'll need the site to be able to do :thumb:

Reaction score
Ian, it's just going to be a basic website to build as an on going project in 2009.
Dont expect many to visit it though, as it's mainly going to be looked at my friends.
Was thinking of getting an email account with it also & use the email for emailing friends etc.
I was thinking of a basic package to begin with & then upgrade if needed.

Looking to buy .com/.co.uk & .net & hosting for 1 year & email also.
So any advice on who to buy from etc would be very helpful.

Reaction score
Going to buy .com/.co.uk & .net & hosting for 1 year & email at easily for £79.
It's not the cheapest, but i have used them before & it's really only really a test website to play with in 2009.

If it works OK may try something different for 2010 onwards.

Cheers for the advice Ian.:thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
No problem :) Sorry I didn't get a chance to the post above your last one, I've only had a few mins on the PC in the last week (which is quite a change from the rest of the year!). Will be back in a couple of days though if you need any advice on setting it up :thumb:

I've always found Easily to be very helpful when I've contacted them in relation to the domain side of things :nod: .

Reaction score
Shock Horror

Someone already has the domain i was going to buy!!
wallbash.gif

And i thought it was a really good one as well that no one would have!:(

I've bought a domain name & hosting after all.:thumb:

Last edited:

Ask a Question