Domain Registration & Hosting

Reaction score
OK I have finally decided to register a domain name & get it hosted to start up my own website.
But who's the best company to go through?
Want an all-in-one package on the cheap if possible.

Have used easily.co.uk in the past to buy domain names from.
Through easily I’m looking at .com & .co.uk + hosting for .com at £80
Would like to use the .com as an email address if not just to show friends I have my own website.

Any help would be most welcome.
nod.gif

Last edited:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
For hosting (Free) , i took up Chris Imries invitation last year and have used Front page to control site.
As for the domain name Telivo lets me register .co.uk for 2 years for £5 and .com for 2 years for £15.

Reaction score
Rush said:
For hosting (Free) , i took up Chris Imries invitation last year and have used Front page to control site.
As for the domain name Telivo lets me register .co.uk for 2 years for £5 and .com for 2 years for £15.
I took up Chris's and registered a domain name too but was after a general view on other companies as well.
What do others use to register with?

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
For domains I'd normally use www.godaddy.com - they've been good for me and very cheap :thumb: I've got a friend who uses hosting with them too, and is quite pleased with it.

I'm using www.theplanet.com at the moment for hosting, but that's probably not the sort you are after. I'd highly recommend www.kualo.com based on my past experience with them, probably one of the only webhosts I've ever been very pleased with (I've not used them for over a year now, but I'm sure they are still as good).

Reaction score
Is this a cheap thing to do?
The thought of a murdoch website sounds an interesting venture.:D

Reaction score
Well yes 'murdoch', it's quite simple, and domains cost around £5.99 p/2years with our new pricing level.

We did have £6.99 p/2years but we've just hit a new pricing band and get everything cheaper, and hosting is relatively free as per my past promotions.

If I remember correctly, I have quite a few PCR'ers on my servers, they all appear happy.

Reaction score
Have a look at FREEOLA.COM .co.uk and .com domain names from 9.99 for two years. If you sign up with them they do free 50mb website hosting, and a whola lotta other stuff.
you can register your domain name, pay for it, and put it on hold "parked" until you need it.....
Also look at PlusNet.com...... with a massive(?) 250mb free website & hosting.....
hope this helps
skodadriver

Ask a Question