My Videos Folder

N

NJITGS

Greetings All!

Would anyone happen to know how I can change the defaul location of the My Videos folder from C:\Documents And Settings\Owner\My Documents\My videos to the addtional 160GB hard drive (G:) that I purchased for editing and saving mpeg files? Unofortunately, by default, the ArcSoft Showbiz DVD2 software that came with my HP DVD writer saves the mpeg part of project files to the My Videos folder on the C: drive that is only 40Gb and the .sbz project files save to my G: drive that point to the My Videos folder for thier mpeg's. Thing I dont understand is why Showbiz lets me change the location for saving the .sbz project files to the 160 Gb G: drive, but it saves the mpeg's to the My Videos folder on C: dirve or wherever Windows XP is installed on the particular computer.

Please help! -the only tangible solution that I can think of at the moment is to switch the drives and make the 160Gb drive the primary drive and install XP on there, but you know how much work that is? -not only that but I really don't feel like having to back everything up to DVD's to do it, part of the reason for purchasing this addional drive, and the nice thing about it, is that if the need should arise for me to back-up program files etc. I can just back them up to the G: drive without the worry of removable media failure or error.

Thanks in adavance for your help!

Elaine Beauxrauxgard-Weiderhoff

J

Jerry

The TweakUI powertoy will do it.

Greetings All!

Would anyone happen to know how I can change the defaul location of the My Videos folder from C:\Documents And Settings\Owner\My Documents\My videos to the addtional 160GB hard drive (G:) that I purchased for editing and saving mpeg files? Unofortunately, by default, the ArcSoft Showbiz DVD2 software that came with my HP DVD writer saves the mpeg part of project files to the My Videos folder on the C: drive that is only 40Gb and the .sbz project files save to my G: drive that point to the My Videos folder for thier mpeg's. Thing I dont understand is why Showbiz lets me change the location for saving the ..sbz project files to the 160 Gb G: drive, but it saves the mpeg's to the My Videos folder on C: dirve or wherever Windows XP is installed on the particular computer.

Please help! -the only tangible solution that I can think of at the moment is to switch the drives and make the 160Gb drive the primary drive and install XP on there, but you know how much work that is? -not only that but I really don't feel like having to back everything up to DVD's to do it, part of the reason for purchasing this addional drive, and the nice thing about it, is that if the need should arise for me to back-up program files etc. I can just back them up to the G: drive without the worry of removable media failure or error.

D

DanS

Greetings All!

Would anyone happen to know how I can change the defaul location of
the My Videos folder from C:\Documents And Settings\Owner\My
Documents\My videos to the addtional 160GB hard drive (G:) that I
purchased for editing and saving mpeg files? Unofortunately, by
default, the ArcSoft Showbiz DVD2 software that came with my HP DVD
writer saves the mpeg part of project files to the My Videos folder on
the C: drive that is only 40Gb and the .sbz project files save to my
G: drive that point to the My Videos folder for thier mpeg's. Thing I
dont understand is why Showbiz lets me change the location for saving
the .sbz project files to the 160 Gb G: drive, but it saves the mpeg's
to the My Videos folder on C: dirve or wherever Windows XP is
installed on the particular computer.

Please help! -the only tangible solution that I can think of at the
moment is to switch the drives and make the 160Gb drive the primary
drive and install XP on there, but you know how much work that is?
-not only that but I really don't feel like having to back everything
up to DVD's to do it, part of the reason for purchasing this addional
drive, and the nice thing about it, is that if the need should arise
for me to back-up program files etc. I can just back them up to the G:
drive without the worry of removable media failure or error.

Are you talking about MPEGS created by capturing, or by 'previewing' a
work in progress ?

For capturing...
http://arcsoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/arcsoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?
p_faqid=208&p_created=1044303918
&p_sid=JFxMXJ2i&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX
3Jvd19jbnQ9NiZwX3Byb2RzPTI5LDAmcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PTEuMjk7Mi51MCZwX2N2PSZwX3
BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PWxvY2F0aW9u&p_li=&p_topview=1

(watch for text wrappping)

I would think it would have an option for you to set the location of it's
'working' directory, or temp directory.

N

NJITGS

I am talking about when I import video from DVD's that I record with my set top DVD recorder, when I import them into Arcsoft and edit out the commercials I save them as .sbz project files, the .sbz files are saved on the G: drive and their mpegs are stored on the C: with the rest of the Arcsoft program and I cannot change the location that the Showbiz DVD2 software saves the mpeg files that it creates, I can change the location where it saves the .sbz files but they will still point to the My Videos folder on the C: drive and when I attempt to move the My Videos folder to the G: drive it is automatically replaced by Windows at the next startup. So in other words, Windows wont allow me to move The My Videos folder and I don't have the option for saving the mpeg files that Showbiz creates. Therefore, I guess I am wondering if anyone knows of a way to bypass the My Videos folder defaulting to the C: drive? Otherwise I am going to have to switch the drives and make the larger G: drive the primary drive and I really don't want to have to do that because for one thing it takes forever to defrag it or to run anti-virus on it or anything else that requires a full scan, I wanted this drive primarily just for editing and saving videos and music for my Windows Media Player. It is my hopes that someone out here has a way for me to get around this, possibly by reprogramming either the Showbiz software to save the mpegs to another location or as previously mentioned to change the My Videos folder location.

This Arcsoft Showbiz DVD 2 software came bundled with my HP DVD Writer 640i and when first purchased I was able to go to their support forum and find answers or post questions, I was even able to inquire a response by them for an earlier issue I had and they responded either by email or phone, now I guess since they must have figured out this glitch I can't even post a question to their forum even after signing up to their website and it now informs me that they don't support Showbiz DVD 2.

Hope this gets a better response. Thanks again!

Elaine

Ask a Question