My Review of Denon Integrated Amplifier

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Chris,

Thanks for reading the review. As for the amp, your Dad has a brand new one this Denon is already 10 years old so your assumption may not be right about Sony sounding only half as good. Of course there is no way to tell unless both are compared side by side. ;) I am sure Sony is a very good sounding amplifier as you already pointed out that it got great reviews. Just for my info, how much is the Sony?

Reaction score
No probs Quad :)

I think he paid a little over £100 for it, delivered... So i think it was £90 or so exc. p&p... By no means top of the range.

Kicks out 70w at 4ohms... not sure what that is for 8ohms, which is what i think his Bose speakers are...

He got the new one as his old JVC stereo started distorting when running the media centre, we connected it to my amp (Realistics one, like 20 years old) and it sounded brilliant. New amp. Can't say he didn't get his moneys worth out of the JVC stereo though, it was a good 15 to 18 years old...

Ask a Question