my psu

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
hi i just noticed the brand of my psu. I have never heard of these guys so i believe that it is a generic one that came with the case.
the brand is:encer ever heard of them??
the model is the :atx 500w
im just posting about this to see if there is a need for a change i have had no problems with it so far but asi have some expensive kit inside the case i dont want to destroy it with a cheap psu (if it is a cheepo)

thanks in advance

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
never heard of them, change it for a Tagan, Hiper, Antec or Enermax 450W min

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yep ... generic run-of-the-mill for OEM builders @ £15 inc the case ... bin it.

;)

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
hmm i might rplace it sometime after christmas but just google it and the model and i have only heard positive about it hmmmmmm.i havnt had any crashes or random reboots so do you really think it is nessescary to replace it??

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hard to say. Like Chris, I've encountered good generic PSU's and really really bad ones.

A good rule of thumb is how much it weighs, the heavier the better as this usually means good components have been used.

If possible feel the weight of a Tagan or similar and then yours, it may give you some idea.

Had a link somewhere round here listing good and bad PSU's, I think reefsmoka posted it originally, I'll see if I can find it.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
If it aint broke, don't fix it :D
Have to agree - if its been working fine with your system so far, why bother spending money? - save it and perhaps think about it when you consider upgrading:thumb:

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
ok thanks for that i was gona save it unless i was adivsed that it shold be lobbed out of the window asap:pso thanks for the replies and i think i will keep until a big pay day or an explosion :blush:

Reaction score
My parents have quite a powerful P4 system running off a generic 400w PSU - this was a www.aria.co.uk jobby i think it was £17 inc VAT for the PSU *AND* Case. Relativly quiet, works good so far and hopefully will continue to touch wood.

If i decided to use expensive PSU's in all my customers computers i'd be out of business in no time.

Reaction score
pfff you should see the name in mine. its a generic taiwanese company, who have not translated their name into English. It is loud, ugly, and underpowered.

Ask a Question