my design mode looks different than preview in frontpage 2003

The Delaware Connection

I am having issues with Frontpage 2003. My design mode looks different from
my preview mode. The Preview mode is correct, but the design mode is wrong.
The code looks okay but the elements are missing from the design view. Can
anyone help me?

Thank You

Ronx

Design View in FrontPage is not a browser. It will not show any
elements produced by JavaScript or server side scripting, or by server
side includes.

Since Design View also adds outlines to HTML elements, such as tables,
the rendering will be slightly different to that in Preview.

Finally, CSS rendering in FrontPage design view is best described as
"not good".

To see what your page really looks like, use Preview in Browser; and use
at least IE and FireFox - there may be significant differences between
the two.

--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

"The Delaware Connection" <The Delaware

The Delaware Connection

Thanks for the quick response. I understand there will be some elements that
do not display, but what I an seeing is a radical change. The tables are
oversized, the media player is missing, etc... It use to diplay correctly.
Not sure what happened. I have taken screen shots if this would help.

Again, thanks for the help

Tom [Pepper] Willett

You really shouldn't be overly concerned..do as Ronx suggested and use File
| Preview in Browser. The preview function has never been anything to write
home about..in fact, it's pretty worthless.
--
Tom [Pepper] Willett
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
wrote in message : Thanks for the quick response. I understand there will be some elements
that
: do not display, but what I an seeing is a radical change. The tables are
: oversized, the media player is missing, etc... It use to diplay correctly.
: Not sure what happened. I have taken screen shots if this would help.
:
: Again, thanks for the help
:
: "Ronx" wrote:
:
: > Design View in FrontPage is not a browser. It will not show any
: > elements produced by JavaScript or server side scripting, or by server
: > side includes.
: >
: > Since Design View also adds outlines to HTML elements, such as tables,
: > the rendering will be slightly different to that in Preview.
: >
: > Finally, CSS rendering in FrontPage design view is best described as
: > "not good".
: >
: > To see what your page really looks like, use Preview in Browser; and use
: > at least IE and FireFox - there may be significant differences between
: > the two.
: >
: > --
: > Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression)
: > Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
: >
: > http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
: >
: >
: >
: >
: > "The Delaware Connection" <The Delaware
: > (e-mail address removed)> wrote in message
: > : >
: > > I am having issues with Frontpage 2003. My design mode looks different
from
: > > my preview mode. The Preview mode is correct, but the design mode is
wrong.
: > > The code looks okay but the elements are missing from the design view.
Can
: > > anyone help me?
: > >
: > > Thank You
: >
: >

The Delaware Connection

Thanks again for tthe quick response.

I am not a coding wizard, in fact, I am really new at this web site design
stuff. I rely on the preview view to give me a visual on how my page will
look and do a considerable amount of inserting elements there. The fact that
it looks radically different is causing me lost production. I need to make
some major changes and I don't know really know how to proceed without the
design view.

Thank You

Thomas A. Rowe

The design view is basically to see how the page will look as you design it, but you must then view
your page in IE and FireFox, as they will show you how the page will look to your site visitors,
since not all features that can be added to a web page can be viewed in design view as well as any
functions/features that are server based, which require the page to be viewed from http address

Thomas A. Rowe
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
http://www.Ecom-Data.com

: