My Band's Song... :P

Reaction score
We actually did this a while ago, back in about April, but I forgot about it until I found the mp3 buried in my music the other day. It is still on our myspace, so you know, have a listen, tell us what you think? :)

Since then we recorded one more song, but then we had exams and now everyone is on holiday. Also, we are trying to find a new singer, since, well, current one cant sing very well...

I'm on guitar by the way

www.myspace.com/anotherdayintheweek

:)

ps. quality is a bit crap on myspace, so you may need to turn up the volume a little, but oh well.

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yep, the vocals are a little weak, but it sounds OK to me :thumb:

........and the bassist is cute......:p

Reaction score
Yeah i think the voacals sounds a bit "lazy" they need to be sharpened and balanced with the instruments correctly... But its a good tune, and i listened to it the whole way through... :)

I'm gonna myspace the bassist i think :cool:

p.s. VERY good guitar skills Doug - i like.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yeah i think Chris is right there as the vocals are very lazy and drawly, sounds like the singer needs to add some energy into the vocals....;)

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
p.s. VERY good guitar skills Doug - i like.

thanks guys, do listen to the whole thing, just block out the vocals and then its good

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
not bad, not that good though ...

Well ...

As much as I like to hear the bass, and it was fair, it was too 'promenade' ... where were the drums?

The singer needs to stand off the mike, use a little more echo, just a slight touch, and be a lot more forcefully ... it's a bar fight, right?

Lead was a little weak, turn it up a notch, that may get the 'singer' to improve ... ;)

Needs a remix ... add some old style rock. :D

I'll give it 2

:thumb:

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i'm with mucks, as good as the bass player is you might want to turn it down a tad and level the volumes out, other than that its ok

Reaction score
hmmm well in our defense we aren't quite up to abbey road studio standard. We paid 7 quid and some hippy berk in st albans buggered up all the levels.

and to clear things up a bit, me, drummer and bassist were nothing to do with the lyrics. all we asked him to do was to make some fair lyrics and sing. he managed niether. I know that sounds bitchy but he is so bloody arrogant and thinks he is an amazing singer, and bitches about us to other people about how we 'block his creativity'...

bar fight...it will be alright??

I rest my case, you creative god...

sorry went a bit off on one then :p

thanks for the input guys :)

Reaction score
Now now - dont let them read that that will be the end of the band!

Instead of bitching, work on it. Put ideas forward.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Way back, I was receiving dozens of demo tapes a month, when I was promoting bands.

You want the honest truth? I wouldn't have entertained your band. Ditch the singer, he's about as threatening as a neutered kitten in mittens. Bar fight indeed, I doubt from the sound of him he could survive two rounds with a blancmange.

Look for a new singer, get more confidence, get loud, develop attitude, convince everybody you're right and they're wrong and believe in that.

There's some talent there in the musical section, develop it. Practice, practice practice, believe in yourselves and crank it up.

You all sound like you're handcuffed - let rip.

Attitude, my son, that's what it's about.

I'll also give it two.

Come back in a few months and you could be up to a seven.

In the meantime, who's 65 days of Static? Now that I like :)

Reaction score
Sorry. Thinking of him bitching about us holding him back really...:mad:

It's awkward. He won't take constructive critisism,he just goes off in a huff, and so he only ever does his own thing and won't listen to us. We've tried so hard for months and months to put songs together, but as soon as we get a decent instrumental, he ignores it and tries to get us to work on something he wrote.

He's our mate, so we really do try our best. I'm just stuck for ideas really.

Flops, did you ever find anyone really famous doing that?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
Flops, did you ever find anyone really famous doing that?

No. But I tried, I really did. Two bands came close, The Soho Jets (Punk) and Demon Pact (metal)

Got 'em gigs everywhere, played The Rock Garden, 100 club, universities, colleges, loadsa places, but it never happened :(

Here's a coupla tracks from The Soho Jets, around 1977, this was their demo tape.

Nothing special, but it caught my ear, and we tried. I'll never forget Walthamstow University, twas a good night. I used to do the mixing as well at the live gigs.

Everyday Life

Live Now Pay Later

(Right click & select 'Save As')

Those were amatuer recordings, they're old, but from those two tracks I detected a hint of an attitude. There is a helluva lot more than musicianship to making it out there.

Reaction score
haha thats what a bar fight should sound like :D

I reckon live now pay later is much more aggressive, though I don't find either of them threatening.

it's all a bit sex pistols to me though.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
haha thats what a bar fight should sound like :D

I reckon live now pay later is much more aggressive, though I don't find either of them threatening.

it's all a bit sex pistols to me though.

You're absolutely right.

Which gives me hope for yourself, you seem to have it sussed.

I actually told them they were a year too late, so they did change a bit. After I said that, they performed a version of Del Shannon's 'Runaway' which wasn't quite what I had in mind but it was interesting, lol.

And yes, that's a rough demo tape, but you gotta admit, if I was an A & R guy and I received your stuff and the soho jets stuff, and I had to choose between one, which one would you go for?

Like I said, lose your shackles, don't be shy, burst out, let everybody know you're the best. It's the only attitude to have if you're srerious about making it.

Reaction score
Personally, I never thought bar fight was a good song. I was very proud of the solo bit which I think goes really well, but I have never rated it as a good song as there just too many crap elements, such as the fact most of the song I just play A and G, and can only amuse myself by putting dumb fills in the middle, the bass is limited and the lyrics are complete crap.

Aside from that though....:p

Thanks for the advise flops. When everyone gets back from holiday we will have a practice again without you-know-who (havn't had one for 3 months due to exams and holidays) and we'll see if we can relax a little into making some good stuff.

floppybootstomp said:
After I said that, they performed a version of Del Shannon's 'Runaway' which wasn't quite what I had in mind but it was interesting, lol.

haha. jonny rotten doing that :D

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Dont give up

Potguy the music is good m8, the singer like has been said needs some serious attitude...listeneing to everyday life ..i suddenly start to break out singing "snap" from the Jam ....funny that were they an influence ..maybe ,

Ask a Question