PowerPoint Music on Powerpoint won't play

Reaction score
I have some music that I ripped from a CD on Windows Media Player. It is approximately 1 minute and 40 seconds long and I used JetAudio to convert it to a .wav format, which can be inserted to a PowerPoint presentation.

I want to set it running, preferably automatically, from the first slide all the way to the end of the penultimate slide. The final slide will hopefully have on it more tracks from the same CD which the user should be able to select individually.

OK, no problems. Except that the sound won't play.

That's all there is to it. I can't get it to play. I am using speakers and they are on and do work. I have tried both automatic and clicking versions. I have also tried inserting the music to the master slide, but that doesn't work either.

Choosing 'track from CD' won't work as I need to save the presentation onto a disk and run it on another computer.

I am using Windows XP, and Powerpoint version 2000.

Can anyone give me any advice on this matter?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Powerpoint seems to be really picky when it comes to playing media files. Have you tried to insert the sound from the menus, or did you just drag and drop the sound file into the presentation?

For me, when one hasn't worked, I've tried the other and it plays fine :)

Reaction score
I tried adding from the menus. How and from where would I 'drag and drop' as you described? And would 'dragging and dropping' work if the presentation is saved to removable media?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, that should still work - double check before to make sure it still works on the CD/USB Key/Floppy (make sure you copy the audio file over too just in case).

Find the .wav file you want in Windows Explorer or in My Documents (where ever it is) and drag the filename icon to inside the powerpower presentation and let go. It should try to insert it at that point on the slide for you :)

Reaction score
I tried the 'drag and drop' idea, and it worked! Thanks for all your help!

Ask a Question