multiple hotmail accounts sign in page (?)

Hi!

(This is a rephrase and re-send of my friend's query to some other forums,
w/ no answer in sight yet). Here goes:

Specs: Win XP Pro SP2, Intel celeron 2.66 GHz, 224 MB RAM, IE/6

Not sure if this is correct forum for this query.

Have an ordinary, old, standard HOTMAIL acct, as do several
others using this computer.

When I (or anyone) click on "hotmail" on the msn web page,
we would like to see multiple sign-in windows come up,
instead of just one, so that we can select the one which
belongs to whomever wants to check their hotmail now.

I've seen this displayed on someone's computer somewhere
before; so I know it's possible.

Might be possible for Yahoo also?

Can anyone help?

Ted

PS - I think I found something similar at MS Help but for workgroups 3.11,
about "Schedule+". I don't think I want anything to do with this kind of mess
and not really sure what it's about, so hope no one suggests it. What I'd
like
to see is just a simple multiple hotmail account sign-in page at which I can
choose my own sign in block and enter my own Hotmail user name and password.

Article ID : 127886
Last Review : October 9, 1999
Revision : 1.0

N. Miller

(This is a rephrase and re-send of my friend's query to some other forums,
w/ no answer in sight yet). Here goes:

Specs: Win XP Pro SP2, Intel celeron 2.66 GHz, 224 MB RAM, IE/6

Not sure if this is correct forum for this query.

Have an ordinary, old, standard HOTMAIL acct, as do several
others using this computer.

When I (or anyone) click on "hotmail" on the msn web page,
we would like to see multiple sign-in windows come up,
instead of just one, so that we can select the one which
belongs to whomever wants to check their hotmail now.

I've seen this displayed on someone's computer somewhere
before; so I know it's possible.

It appears to be cookie related. I have multiple Windows Live Hotmail
account sign-in options in MS Internet Explorer 7, but can't get that to
stick in MS Internet Explorer 6, SeaMonkey 1.1.5, Firefox 2.0.0.8, or Opera
9.24.

I used this link in all four browsers:

http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?prd=ie&ar=hotmail
Might be possible for Yahoo also?
No.

Can anyone help?

That is the best that I can do.

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,

Thanx, N. Miller; will check the link now. I'm fairly sure I've seen the
setup before in IE/6. Don't think I know anyone w/IE7. We'll see. I'll
leave this open for now.

Well, I don't know what's going on. I got a v. bad dsl line here in
Thailand for last
few days after the rains and I'm goin round and round w/ server errors and
so on
with whatever I click on. Very frustrating and hellishly time consuming.

That link took me right back to my hotmail page, w/ all d folders on left
side.
Then I came back here to reply but decided to try the link again first. It
went round and round this time, went nowhere - and then said "done" - but I'm
still here! I'm gonna give up for tonite. No point.

PA Bear

If every user used his/her own User Account, you'd never see this issue.

If you all use the same User Account, the sign-in page will always display
user who signed-in last.

N. Miller

If every user used his/her own User Account, you'd never see this issue.

If you all use the same User Account, the sign-in page will always display
user who signed-in last.

This is true in every Web browser I have, *including* MS Internet Explorer
6; with the exception of MS Internet Explorer 7. This shows me a list of
Windows Live accounts. Two in the 'hotmail.com' domain, one in the 'msn.com'
domain, and three in a non-MSN domain, originally signed up as Passport
accounts.

I have not explored the reason for the difference. At the least, ActiveX may
play a role; except that MS Internet Explorer 6 also uses ActiveX. My screen
shows the legend, "Click a Windows Live ID to sign in", below which are four
accounts with profile images, and to more without.

Technically, they are all my accounts, just with different user names, so
accessing them from my Windows XP User Account doesn't seem so wrong.

The URL begins with, "http://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=",
and continues on for 89 more characters, including another "http:" with two
encoded forward slashes (%2F) immediately following, and some other stuff.

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,
~now in the air the spring is coming.
~Sweet, blowing wind,
~singing down the hills and valleys.

Gentlemen,

Thanx for your inputs. Appreciate. Having a bit of a rough time tho' w/
following the technicalese. Just looking for a simple solution. Well, every
bit helps.

So happens got another interesting response at another forum (out of a dozen
or so I tried). In case anyone interested and understands it, here it is:

10:12 01-Nov-07

ted,
A new post has been made to a topic to which you have subscribed on the
Internet Advisor Forums forum
Subject: 'Re:multiple user sign-in option for hotmail' in Forum: 'Ed's
Excellent Advice'
Posted by: fbraun

You can administer your subscriptions by following the 'my profile' link on
the forum home page after you have logged in on the site. From your profile
you can also unsubscribe from the topic.

Post:
Hi Ted,
I have the same problem so I was interested in finding an answer. I have
not tried this yet but it looks like the exact thing you and I need. Let's
both look into it and see what it does.
http://winliveid.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!AEE1BB0D86E23AAC!222.entry
B)

Do not answer to this email notification as it is a generated email.

** Joomlaboard Forum Component by Jan de Graaff **
** the Two Shoes M-Factory - http://www.tsmf.net **

Well, I'll be... Just got another one from Microsoft Support!