multimedia device drivers

G

I bought a used HP computer with XP Home on it and I wiped out the hard drive and reloaded XP Pro, now I have no sound. It keeps telling me that I have no drivers for my multimedia audio controller, SM Bus controller or Video Controller (VGA Compatable). They all have the yellow question marks on them in The Device Manager. This also means I have NO sound. Would installing a new PCI audio card fix this problem? If not what should I do? HELP!

R

RandyH

have you tried downloading the right drivers from the HP website?

kcon said:
I bought a used HP computer with XP Home on it and I wiped out the hard
drive and reloaded XP Pro, now I have no sound. It keeps telling me that I
have no drivers for my multimedia audio controller, SM Bus controller or
Video Controller (VGA Compatable). They all have the yellow question marks
on them in The Device Manager. This also means I have NO sound. Would
installing a new PCI audio card fix this problem? If not what should I do?
HELP!

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Post back with your complete HP model number and I'll try
to help you out. Did you visit www.hp.com and search for
the necessary hardware drivers?

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----

| I bought a used HP computer with XP Home on it and I wiped out the hard drive and reloaded XP Pro, now I
have no sound. It keeps telling me that I have no drivers for my multimedia audio controller, SM Bus
controller or Video Controller (VGA Compatable). They all have the yellow question marks on them in The Device
Manager. This also means I have NO sound. Would installing a new PCI audio card fix this problem? If not what
should I do? HELP!

G

Carey. It's a hp 533w. I went to hp's site and they're telling me it's an XP problem , not theirs. I've tried downloading the drivers and it hasn't worked.

G

I reinstall Window XP on my computer and now it is telling me that I don't have an audio device. There is no sound in my computer. I bought this computer 2 years ago from a small store which they assembled themselves. What shall I do?

C

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

And Rick's problem is..........??????

Multimedia covers both video, monitor, audio, imaging etc etc.... perhaps
you can be a little more specific as to your problem, and we can be more
specific as to our answers.

Cari
www.coribright.com

Ask a Question