msn messenger

G

Hi,

i've got a little problem with msn 6 and voice conversation chat.
I'm using MSN messenger 6 under windows XP and for some reason whenever i do a voice conversation chat with another user,
they can't hear me, but i can hear them. I'm using ADSL connection and i don't have a network running at home to get on the net,
nor do i have any firewall software running. i've got a built in soundcard on the mobo and a SB live.
Also the weird thing is if i use windows sound recorder i can record sound using my mic.

I've got no clue what's causing this but i've already tried these things :

- checked in the options to see if msn was using the right sound card where mic is plugged in.
- tried the other sound card to see if it works there - it didn't
- checked my mixer volume settings - they were right.
- upnp is enabled.

any idea's ?

thanks

G

have you tried to click the mute button for the mic in the volume control to see if this corrects it

G

I have had this exact same problem and it was very frustrating. It has however now been resolved.
Click "start"
click "control panel"
double click "network connections"
right click on Local area connection, then go to "properties"
uncheck "QoS Packet Scheduler"
Restart computer
Then try messenger

This worked on mine. Good luck!

----- JohnnyLove wrote: -----

Hi,

i've got a little problem with msn 6 and voice conversation chat.
I'm using MSN messenger 6 under windows XP and for some reason whenever i do a voice conversation chat with another user,
they can't hear me, but i can hear them. I'm using ADSL connection and i don't have a network running at home to get on the net,
nor do i have any firewall software running. i've got a built in soundcard on the mobo and a SB live.
Also the weird thing is if i use windows sound recorder i can record sound using my mic.

I've got no clue what's causing this but i've already tried these things :

- checked in the options to see if msn was using the right sound card where mic is plugged in.
- tried the other sound card to see if it works there - it didn't
- checked my mixer volume settings - they were right.
- upnp is enabled.

any idea's ?

thanks

Ask a Question