MSN-Messenger Virus Alert!

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Hi all, I just thought I'd bring this to your attention.

A friend of mine on msn messenger just sent me a message saying
"Hey", and then
"I look so cool in this pic http://www.q8hell.org/NewImage-9.exe".

First I thought it looked a little suspicious sending a pic as an exe so i messaged back asking what it was and he confirmed my suspitions that it was in fact a virus that was sending itself by msn-messenging everyone on his contact list. He is currently trying to delete the offending virus.

Luckily i was aware the file was a virus as it said .exe instead of something like .jpg. Others might not be so aware of things like this, so I thought I'd just let you all know about it - beware of opening files from MSN messenger, even though it is from someone you know on your cantact list.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up, cache-man, I don't use that thing myself, but I will warn daughter type person about it.

Reaction score
glad i dont use that crap i stick with crapier aol as dial up Opps did i just saythat about aol shame on me

Reaction score
That may have been one of my friends who hacked MSN coz he said he did nd he is a GEEK on computers !!! lol He has a virus software on his pc so he probz did ... i'll get him back ! :p

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Belloni said:
That may have been one of my friends who hacked MSN coz he said he did nd he is a GEEK on computers !!! lol He has a virus software on his pc so he probz did ... i'll get him back ! :p

I really can't believe you'd be so stupid as to admit this thing.

Don't have your 'friend's' address do you?

We might have to pay him a little visit.

Virus writers are about the lowest life form on this planet.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This virus is an self propagating worm that sends that message to anyone on your MSN list from people who download it in the first place. if you get that message, the person who send it to you has the virus.

That link is actually active, so I'm just editing it a bit. Don't accept any files you aren't 100% sure about and you'll be fine. Most people won't realise that downloading an EXE file is potentially harmful, as JPG/EXE/COM/PIF means nothing to them.

Reaction score
Well i only JUST found out !!! My mate came round and we were chatting and i said something about his pc and he goes add (e-mail address removed) and i said na way it a virus init and he goes nah its "....." so i said oh right nah dnt like him ! lol and he said he hacked msn or something like that or hacked peeps addys for something ... dunno if he was da WHOLE of MSN :S Not sure

I know it was stupid but i got bored so thought i mite say something ?!

Reaction score
humbug i do beleive msn is bad news all around

both for viruses and for addictivness

i know some twonks that are on msn 24/7 what a waste of time, theres a limit!

and abt this virus, im not going to accept or click on any links i see in any windows.
and Belloni

id be surprised if it was ur mate but yer id agree no point sharing that info with us, this site is for the more professional/decent pedigree of people no point mentioning scum that create virus! but hey no harm done!
(except we all think u are corrupt Belloni along with your mate!!!)
lol just toying with u :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Belloni said:

Your an idiot, and so is ya mate

Reaction score
Dudes i was just saying flippin 'eck ... what's ya'll probz ?! It's not ME is it ... he ain't even my MATE ... he is my mate's MATE ... ok ...

Jesus !!! lol

Vanilla don't call me an idiot please ...

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Steady on Belloni! I think people were just trying to offer some advice!

BTW I think I better get double extra protection for my PC as the MSN users in this house are no doubt going to download something dodgy particularly as daughter's boyfiend (in house as we speak) got this thing yesterday and thought it was quite a laugh. I have offered appropriate words of guidance!

Gabriella x

Reaction score
gabriella said:
Steady on Belloni! I think people were just trying to offer some advice!

Gabriella x

Hardly advice !!! lol they having a go ... e.g Vanilla calling me an idiot ?! Hardly a need for that do ya thinks ... unless your suddenly against me aswell ?!?! lol for something i havn't even DONE ?!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
ok maybe callin ya an idot was a bit strong, but seriously, why did you even say it in the first place?

Reaction score
Vanilla Radio said:
ok maybe callin ya an idot was a bit strong, but seriously, why did you even say it in the first place?

Just a bit ...

I don't know ... i guess i was bored and i thought of what my mate said ... anywayz ... people are ALWYS hacking MSN ... so dn't JUST have a go at me please

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hey, Belloni, you're OK.

BUT: Talking about tosspot mates who think they're clever showing off about writing a virus - we do not want to hear.

If he really has done that thing, he will be universally hated, you wanna align yourself with him?

The truth of the matter is he's probably a sad little immature idiot out to impress and is too stoopid to know what he's dealing with.

I doubt if he could seriously write code if you put a pen and paper in front of him..

In short - he's a tosser.

I'd like to think you're not.

I called you stupid, VR called you an idiot. OK, over the top, retracted, but I hope you realise from that reaction just how much virus writers are hated and reviled.

Understand?

So take it easy and disassociate yourself from that sad human being.

Ask a Question