MS printer team. Please read this

Jerry P

I am getting close. I am trying to use a Canon MP500 printer/scanner.
Using the software that came with the unit. On XP and all the beta releases
of Vista I had no problems.
Until RC-1. Using RC-1, I get a error the scanner drivers are not installed.
Just by accident I found in Vista a program called Windows Photo gallery.
This program has a import from camera/scanner so I tried it, and the scanner
worked just fine. So I tried to install the MP 500 Navigator 2.0 again, I
now get a error that a newer drivers are installed. This is so simple,
banging my head on my desk, I don't get it. I know the answer will be so
simple, please help. Jerry P.

Peter M

MS does not write drivers. All drivers included in any MS operating system
unless a MS product are basic drivers sent to MS by the manufacturer so
their product works with basic functions... its' up to canon to provide
drives that enables a device to work fully.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

and the response. No need to use the Canon app. Use inbox support.