Windows XP MS Office

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i have MS Office 2000 and i tried to install an update for it but when it was installing i was asked for data1.msi but i dont have the office installation cd. does anyone know where to get hold of it on the net for free?

Reaction score
Sorry, That is illegal...

I am asuming that the reason you do not have the CD is because it is itself an illegal copy...

Reaction score
Just to add to the above, if piracy is involved then i would strongly reccomend you do not continue to ask here - no-one will help you with it because it is illegal, and also against forum rules.

If it's not piracy, please continue :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Try using OpenOffice which is freeware. I use both OpenOffice as well as Office XP Premium. For a freeware it is not bad at all.

Reaction score
Now we are on the subjet of office, i have a legal copy of office 2000 Pro, when i go to do office update, it comes back with: there is currently a fault, please try again later. so i manually download the updates and it tells me: Office Instillation failed to find the product it expected...Terminating Instillation.

What does this meen?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
its not an illegal copy. the company i bought my pc from let me actually build my pc at the shop, i asked for office 2000 and the guy loaded it but he never gave me a disk he said if i need to re-install then i should call him but he probably wont let me borrow the disk he'll say take the pc in and he'll do it for me but that will mean setting up a 56k modem and probably losing my machine for a couple of days while all the updates are downloaded and installed, so i just wondered if i could get a copy of data1.msi so i could install the updates without having to go through all that hassle

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
If you do not have the Certificate of Authencity which comes with every purchase of Office to prove it, your copy is illegal.

As already mentioned, if you have a legal copy you may continue but if not please do not post any further message on this topic.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
as far as im aware its legal but instead of having all that hassle and the posibility of being sued and what not im gonna get a copy of Office 2003 student/teacher for £90 being a student has some perks

Reaction score
can you get other software cheap if you are a student? Like win xp?! :)

Reaction score
Hi, i wonder if you guys can help me with my problem, i have created a new user on my computer and all of the office programmes try to install whenever i try to access them? :S On the previous user it worked fine HELP PLEASE! :S:S

Reaction score
It's trying to configure settings for the new user, so the installer comes up because some of the programs used in doing that, obviously weren't installed initially (the difference between doing a 'default' installation, and a "Full" installation.).

What do you need help with? ;) Drop your CD back in the computer and let it get the files it needs. Past that, *always* do FULL installs with microsoft products to help prevent this in the future.

Reaction score
Trader Rating: (1) MS Office

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have MS Office 2000 and i tried to install an update for it but when it was installing i was asked for data1.msi but i dont have the office installation cd. does anyone know where to get hold of it on the net for free?

And to answer this... The MSI is not the only thing that the 'update' is looking for. It's looking for files that were not installed during initial installation and the MSI would tell the installer where to pick those up from. I'd say that if you didn't get a copy of Office from the place you got your PC, ask them for one. Any place that does that should also copy the installation files to the hard-drive, however, this isn't always the case.

You may have a unique and valid Office key, so borrowing an install CD from a friend wouldn't be illegal.

Reaction score
Open Office

Open Office Will Open Just About Any Microsoft Word Docs.
Save As A Mirosoft Word 2000 If You Want To Open It With Microsoft On Another Pc.
Download And Install The New Version Of Java From Sun Micro Systems If You Want To Use Java With Open Office.
I Installed Open Office On My Usb Drive And It Works On Any Ibm Pc.

Ask a Question