MS antispyware freezes

I downloaded MS Antispyware, but I haven't used it yet b/c every time it
starts the startup assistant, it freezes. I don't know how to prevent this.
Please help.

Randy Knobloch

Kathleen said:
I downloaded MS Antispyware, but I haven't used it yet b/c every time it
starts the startup assistant, it freezes. I don't know how to prevent this.

Does your operating system meet the minimum requirements?
<http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/requirements.mspx>

Silj

--
siljaline

MS - MVP Windows (IE/OE) & Security, AH-VSOP
Security Tools Updates
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=31

Reply to group, as return address
is invalid that we may all benefit.

Dave M

Hi Kathleen;

Provided your system meets the requirements check as laid out by Randy Knobloch
you might try this:

From: "=?Utf-8?B?QmlsbCBTYW5kZXJzb24=?=" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Windows AntiSpyware Setup Assistant continues to showup
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:34:35 -0700

Here's what has worked for most folks:

1) uninstall Microsoft Antispyware
2) delete \program files\microsoft antispyware and all subfolders. You will
lose access to any quarantined items, and all history and customized settings.
3) reinstall Microsoft Antispyware

Give that a try--I think it'll fix this for you

To which I'd add run CCleaner cleanup as step 2.1 in the above proceedure:

Ccleaner - http://www.ccleaner.com