Access MS Access 2007 Form stuck in Read Only View

Reaction score
With the help of various forums, I've managed to create a db which when opened uses a log in dialogue box that is based on an employees table and a privilege table. This determines which menu should be displayed after the user logsin ( by entering their name and password).

I want the users to either have full editable rights, or only to be able to view the data

All of the menus that are displayed after logging in have buttons on them which open various forms ( incl sub forms) using an macro, onclick, openform

Depending on the access levels, some buttons open the same form with the macro data mode set to either "edit" or "Read only"

When the forms ( which also contain subforms) are accessed from the "read only" menu button, it seems to get stuck in the "read only" mode and remains uneditable even when it is accessed again from the "edit" menu. This remains the case even if you log right out of the db.

All the allow edits, additions, deletions etc properties of the form get altered to no.

I originally thought I was going mad and had missed the settings, but no, each time it happens I go back through and reset them all to yes again and it works fine until it's accessed again by a "read only" menu.

It's drving me mad! Why is this happening and any ideas how I can stop it? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Ask a Question