Access MS Access 2003

Reaction score
Hello,
I have recently been assigned the task of Database manager in my department. 3 weeks ago, I've never used access. 3 weeks later and two books, I'm getting the general concepts of access and vba (enough to write simple codes) to create working forms/tables/queries etc.

Okay so I want to change the current "productivity entry" form at work. Currently, employees are faced with a form that basically has
Employee ID:
Date:
Function worked:
Total time worked:
Units worked:

They hit save, the info is added, and they add there next one. the problem is the workers are doing this at the end of the day and its causing them to manually track there hours in excel throughout the day.. :mad:

I would like to change the form so it basically has

[Text Box 1 Function] [ Text box 2 Start time] [Text Box 3 End Time] [ Text box 4 Units]
Then.. when the user enters data into the boxes, another row below the first appears with the same boxes.. This way they can leave it open all day and track what they are doing.

Anyone know where to begin with this? what events I should be looking into to use? Oh, and I need access to then calculate total time based on the time entered (9:00am to 1:20pm = 4.33 hours) etc.

Thanks so much for any insight

Reaction score
Create an Employees table. Remember, every table has a "topic".
Create a table for the time segments. Each task for each worker will be recorded here linked on the EmployeeID or SSN, etc.
Create a query that displays all the desired time segments that links the time segment table and the Employees table.
In the query, add a calculated field (TaskTime:datediff("h", date1, date2)
The best way to get help is to click the Builder in Query Design View, Built-in functions, select the function you need, and click the Help button. Clicking the Help from Access itself is sometimes problematic.

You need a master form with a subform. The master form will contain the employee's ID number and the date. You can also add other fields as desired from the Employees table.
The time segments for the day will be entered in the subform and the length will be calculated by DateDiff in the query.

Ask a Question