MP3 CD Files

Reaction score
i need to write an mp3 cd. PURE mp3, through nero, not conversion of mp3 to wav or wma, and i need one dat ma mp3 cd player can recognise and play. yu kno da mp3 s dat have 200 songs!, i need to write it only through nero, coz ma dad, is like a watchdog, and hunts me down, if i download anything without his permission, coz of da spyware and ****......... ne ways i really need help im desperate, and i dont have a dvd writer either.......... what shoud i do????

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you have Windows XP you can use the built in wizard to drag and drop files onto a blank CD in Windows Explorer and that will burn them. If you want to use Nero, just pick "data cd" instead of "audio cd" and it will keep them as MP3 files :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
What operating system you using?

If XP, you can convert audio CD cda tracks to mp3 with Media Player.

Other than that, you gonna have to download something like Cdex.

Nero will burn cda or WAV files direct to CD, not sure if it will do conversion only, I've never tried that, but it probably will, to a folder rather than CD.

Reaction score
thanx, but............

thanx fer da help you guys, but one problem, if i burn data cd with nero, my mp3 cd player(discman) doesnt recognise it. i have windows xp, but if i drag and drop, till it show da cd space limit?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
a dat CD will not work in anything other than a PC, you can burn MP3 CD's in nero, use the wizard

Reaction score
ok........

im new at this cd writing thing. are you sure it would be recognised and played by my discman mp3 player if i use wizard? if so how do i use nero cd wizard to write a cd?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you can do it if you have Nero Express, open it up and move your mouse over the 'Music' option then a window should pop out then you want the MP3 disc option, once you have this add all of the songs you want and burn it

Reaction score
help!

yea, but i dnt have nero express, i have nero version 5.5.9.12 bundled(WHATEVER DAT MEANS!) please forgive my ignorance, is there any other way dat requires only nero, no downloads?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
a dat CD will not work in anything other than a PC,

Assuming you mean data and not dat, oh yes it will.

I burn mp3's in folders as a data CD in Nero and both my stand alone DVD player and car cd player recognise and play them just fine. And both display track information as well.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i meant a data CD, im suprised they will work in anything other than a PC

Reaction score
ok

ok, i cant write DVD's coz i dont have a dvd writer, and ma music player doesnt allow dvds...............SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, they do ;)

I believe earlier versions of Nero didn't have the ability to burn mp3 cd's or if it did I never noticed it.

So I burnt mp3's to disc as data, been doing that for years now.

I think all a player has to do is recognise mp3 format and it will accept the disk.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
dk 41 said:
ok, i cant write DVD's coz i dont have a dvd writer, and ma music player doesnt allow dvds...............SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

Well, erm, you ain't got a DVD burner, you can't burn a DVD can you?

Sorry, but that's a fact.

Can you not just burn mp3's to a CD? You can get around 8 album's worth on a CD in mp3 format. Won't your player accept CD's? It should do.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Can you not just burn mp3's to a CD? You can get around 8 album's worth on a CD in mp3 format. Won't your player accept CD's? It should do.
xactly ma point einstein, i dont know how to do dat!!!!!! y do yu think im asking yu guys?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
dk 41 said:
xactly ma point einstein, i dont know how to do dat!!!!!! y do yu think im asking yu guys?

laughingsmiley.gif

Einstein eh?

tell ya what, here's some tutorials, read them: Nero Tutorials

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
Open Nero Burning ROM, and select a new data CD. Then drag your MP3's from your computer on the right to your CD on the left and then select the Burn Icon from the top (its about 8 from the left and is a pic of a cd and a burning match). I cant remember the exact options and positions as I now use Nero 6.3, but thats the process.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
dk 41 said:
You won't get very far here with that attitude ... be polite and try and put over what your are trying to do with what equipment … if unsure, RTFM

;)

Reaction score
dk 41 said:

u should definetly show your appreciation that someone is actually helping you out

:)

show some respect

Ask a Question