Windows XP Mozilla Thunderbird

Reaction score
For those that have jumped on the Mozilla Train. If you have multiple computers and you have Thunderbird on all of them and you "Get Mail" on one machine then log off then later you get on another machine and you want to open that same mail you can't. I think it's a "thing" with POP3 but I'm not sure. There as to be an option to make the mail stay on it's server.

:D Help :D

Av

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Yes there is a way, try

In Thunderbird

File Menu>Edit>Mail and Newsgroup Account Settings>Server Settings> Leave messages on Server> Check no of days>

:)

Reaction score
I couldn't get there the way you said, either because we have different versions...or I'm an idiot lol :rolleyes:

I just selected the account and clicked View settings for this account then I changed the server settings.

Thanks a lot Pink! :D :D

I love this forum.

Av

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
No you are not an idiot! :)

Let me explain: I was leaving for work when the last message I saw was yours and I thought I should post something for you to get by. I had downloaded Thunderbird to check the differences between Mozilla full suite which I am using now and the new version of Thunderbird 1.0.2, both the interfaces I found to be almost identical and therefore I did not hesitate to tell you what I had in Mozilla assuming it would be same.

Although you managed to get by but I should have clarified earlier :(

Reaction score
Since you're talking about Thunderbird,,,maybe you can help! I must have a virus in my email somewhere, but as I try and delete emails off of my system, nothing shows deleted from the Inbox counter and to boot, periodically, the counter goes up in doubles, doubling the amount of emails I had, by like renewing old emails that I've deleted already. I have some emails I want to save, and when I try to clean up, this process just keeps getting foiled by renewing them. sigh....I've written to Mozilla, but with no help.
Has anyone else run into this problem? Any ideas for a virus scan that could possibly detect my problem, or somewhere I can go in to my registry to correct?

Ask a Question