Mouse use in DOS

G

I am using a Windows Management software (Hyperos) that requires the use of the mouse to "click on" certian items per the indtructions, while using Partition Magic in DOS mode. However, the mouse pointer is not available in DOS. I this normal or do I need to do something to else to use the mouse

Thanks
Ermie

C

CS

I am using a Windows Management software (Hyperos) that requires the use of the mouse to "click on" certian items per the indtructions, while using Partition Magic in DOS mode. However, the mouse pointer is not available in DOS. I this normal or do I need to do something to else to use the mouse?

Thanks,
Ermie

USB mice are not recognized in DOS unless your BIOS supports "USB
legacy devices". Sometimes even if your BIOS does support USB legacy
devices, it's only for a USB keyboard.

You can move around easy enough in Partition Magic without the use of
a mouse. Use the arrow keys and tab. Mouse not required.

P

Peter Hutchison

I am using a Windows Management software (Hyperos) that requires the use of the mouse to "click on" certian items per the indtructions, while using Partition Magic in DOS mode. However, the mouse pointer is not available in DOS. I this normal or do I need to do something to else to use the mouse?

There is a mouse driver supplied with
Partition Magi when you creare a rescue disk e.g. mouse.exe

Peter Hutchison
Windows FAQ
http://www.pcguru.plus.com/

Ask a Question