Mouse freezing and jumping

All of a sudden my mouse started freezing and would not move and when it does
work it clicks and jumps across the screen all by itself. I have tried two
different mice and have tried to uninstall and reinstall the mouse on my
computer. It is crazy! I ran antivirus and antispyware but it did not fix the
problem. I have tried running the computer in safe mode and diagnostic mode
and it also did not fix the problem. I even tried to restore a previous
backup and that didn't help either. I am out of ideas.

I am having this same issue, it is very annoying. I'm using a Logitech
Wireless 710. Any ideas why its doing that?

The problem started two weeks after I bought this wireless keyboard/mouse
combination. I took it back and went back to my trusty PS/2 mouse I have been
using for years. I uninstalled the wireless mouse and cleaned the registry of
the mouse that I returned but it did not fix the problem.
--
In His Service,
Debra A. Snipes

I tried uninstalling it and re-installing it today and I still have the same
issue. Its only happening when I use Internet Explorer, all other
applications seem to be ok.
- Wade

i think it has to do with ie7
you can uninstall ie7 its not bata any longer
now go get ie7
i dont like the google toolbar

JDFraser

Hi guys,

Does your sound loop or just completely die a death; What happens with your keyboard function?

Anything else you can add would be great! I'm currently having the same issue while playing games and browsing in IE.

There seems to be alot of people with the same issue, it would be great to figure out some solution!

JD

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Walter

I have been experencing the same problem for only two days. It occured randomly in Internet Explorer 7, Firefox and Counter-Strike: Source. I have a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse 5000 using USB.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Jim Macklin

new batteries??

Radio interference locally, telephones, other computers or
devices?

Spyware running cycles on your computer using your RAM?

<Walter> wrote in message
|I have been experencing the same problem for only two days.
It occured randomly in Internet Explorer 7, Firefox and
Counter-Strike: Source. I have a Microsoft Wireless
Intellimouse 5000 using USB.

| EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
| http://www.eggheadcafe.com

You Know Who ~

change the frequency of your mouse

--
YKW~

"When the fifteen dwarves had dwindled to eight.....
everyone became very suspicious of Hungry."

IE7 Sucks! They released it knowing full well that it interfers with
Microsoft Works Calendar. I refuse to download anything else from Microsoft!
--
In His Service,
Debra A. Snipes

I am using IE6 and a PS2 mouse so that's not it. I think there is a new
virus. Look how many of us are here.

Changed from PS2 wireless mouse to USB wireless mouse and it works fine. I
have ran 10 different malware software products on this computer. No malware!

Trying that about 10 times before I returned it to the store, but then I
plugged in old faithful mouse with wireless and have the same problem with it!
--
In His Service,
Debra A. Snipes

Bob I

This isn't a chat room, it's a peer-to-peer newsgroup hosted on
Microsoft servers. "eggheadcafe" is just mirroring content. Try
connecting the the real source.