Mouse buttons not recognized in games

Reaction score
I have bought a "Genius Ergo 525 Gaming Mouse". It has 7 buttons which work fine in windows. But I just can't get one game to recognize the 4th-7th buttons. There's no driver update, no response from the manufacturer and I can't play well with only 3 buttons. Do you know of some software that may enhance this mouse's performance, or make games recognize the buttons..I had a 5 button mouse previously and all buttons worked.

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
whos the manufacturer? personally i havent heard of your mouse, but thats just me

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The problem ain't with your mouse, it's with that game.

I've never heard of that mouse either.

Which game is it you're having problems with?

Do you have a link to this mouse?

You a Pantera fan? ;)

Reaction score
Yes, I love Pantera and I used to (and still) adore Dimebag. He's always on my desktop as a tribute or something of that sort.

About themouse: The problem is with the drivers not the games/applications. Teamspeak doesn't recognize them, Call of Duty 2, Prince of Persia T2T, and any game I tried do not recognize them..The drivers are not good. I can program any button to do anything (except Mouse4-7). For instance I can make the Middle Mouse button and right click to do something other than their normal functions. If I do that, pressing right click won't pop up a menu but it would do what I bound it for. In other words windows will stop recognizing it as Mouse2 (or 1). In the drivers you can set the Right button as 'Right Click' (which will then be recognized by windows) or make it do something else (like opening Internet Explorer), and as I said before it wouldn't be recognized by windows. What I want is some kind of software or registry editing that can make windows recognize the other buttons. Because the other 4 buttons haven't got options of setting them as Mouse4 or Mouse5 in the driver's software. You can only bind them to do useless stuff in gaming..(like who'd need 'Show desktop' during a game??)

**EDIT** The manufacturers did respond, but the drivers they gave me made no difference whatsoever. I can't understand how they work on their PCs.. Here's a link to the mouse:
http://www.geniusnet.com/geniusOnline/online.portal?_nfpb=true&productPortlet_actionOverride=%2Fportlets%2FproductArea%2Fcategory%2FqueryPro&_windowLabel=productPortlet&productPortletproductId=30401&_pageLabel=productPage

Last edited:

Ask a Question