Motorola Phone Tools

Tiberiu Dubau

Has anybody had problems installing Motorola Phone Tools? I got the damn
thing installed alright, run it with the admin account, but can't, for the
life of me, get the program to recognize my V3i or my V360...
The interesting part is that Vista sees both phones, asks for drivers, and
somehow fails to recognize the drivers MPT has just installed...
Any ideeas?

BTW, I'm running RC2 on a P4 (3Ghz), 512Gb ram and Ati Radeon 9200SE, but I
fail to see how that's relevant...

Thank you for your imput

Cheers,
Tibi

Hello,

I have a motorola v3x and I am having problems as well. It's quite annoying
when I am trying to move pictures and sounds from the phone. I have to boot
from XP.

I connected the phone into the computer and it asked for the CD for the
driver. The install went fine but it fails to find the phone that is
connected to the computer when i plug the phone in.

QUITE ANNOYING!!

So you are no the only one.

Let me know if you find any solutions

Luke

Alexander Suhovey

From: Luke Chalmers [mailto:[email protected]]

Tiberiu Dubau said:
Has anybody had problems installing Motorola Phone Tools? I got the damn
thing installed alright, run it with the admin account, but can't, for the
life of me, get the program to recognize my V3i or my V360...

Hello,

I have a motorola v3x and I am having problems as well.

So... what Motorola says? I't Moto's responsibility to make their
software compatible with Vista.
Did you guys ask Moto's support about it?

Protoncek

Luke Chalmers said:
I have e-mailed them just now. Don't expect anything back but you never
know.
If I hear anything I will let you know.

Luke

and you're probably right....i mailed Motorola a while ago about 64 bit
drivers for xp and MPT...they replied just we don't intend to support 64 bit
OS....so i guess that they'll say something similar, like it's still some
time til official vista, so wait... etc... :-(
BTW...i managed to connect my V525 on my vista, but i didn't use original
CD(which is ver 3x if i remember right), but i've got ver. 4.21a from
Internet (emule). Maybe this caused it to work. But i remember that phone a
couple of times just "dissapeared" and i had to close and re-start MPT.

sorry that i can't be of more help...maybe (long shot) you could try with
windows XP compatibility mode...i really don't remember exact procedure i've
got through...

:
Has anybody had problems installing Motorola Phone Tools? I got the damn
thing installed alright, run it with the admin account, but can't, for the
life of me, get the program to recognize my V3i or my V360...

Hello,

I have a motorola v3x and I am having problems as well.

So... what Motorola says? I't Moto's responsibility to make their
software compatible with Vista.
Did you guys ask Moto's support about it?

Angelo

What I had to do to have my IDEN drivers installed correctly was to set the
setup exe file for what programs I was installing to run Win XP SP2
compatibly mode. After I did this and installed my IDEN software the
drivers were installed correctly and Vista actually finished installing the
drivers. I also had to do a manual install of the drivers once windows
found the new hardware. Don't recall the exact steps but it was like let me
pick drivers/Let me pick hardware/Have Disk and then browsed to the Moto USB
drivers folder (something like that). My drivers are installed correctly
now but none of my RSS software will communicate with the phone although
WebJAL and LabJAL do.

Give the above steps a try since they are both Moto phones and drivers.

Tiberiu Dubau

Thanks you guys, I will try your approach and give you some feedback.
Until then, my plea for mercy to Motorola was not answered... They have no
ideea how to help, or any interest in doing so (maybe 'cause it was late in
the evening :))...
Keep you posted!

Cheers!
Tibi

Having the same issue...MPT keeps telling me that it cannot detect a phone.
Anyone have any luck yet ?

Andre Da Costa[ActiveWin]

If you have Motorola Mobile Phone Tools 4.3x version installed, you should
be able to upgrade to version 4.5.6a through Software Update, which
according to Avanquest Software is fully compatible with Windows Vista.

I am running the 4.5.6a update on Vista Ultimate x64, but still suffer from
some glitches with the software after connecting to the net with Cell phone.