Motherboards

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ive decided on all the components for my mates PC, just not sure about the motherboard. I was going to buy the Asus A7N8X-X nForce2 (Socket A) Motherboard, but have been told by a reputable source to go for the LEX jetway (cant remember the model number) but it uses the KT400 chipset.

What does everyone think? Its going to run an AMD XP2800.

Thanks boys and girls.

Reaction score
i thought £59.99 inc VAT wasnt bad for an nForce 2 board with ALL the goodies!

Is it fast and stable etc etc? never used one before...

Reaction score
Cheers for the advice guys. The Jetway board seems higher spec, but im not sure about the chipsets. The guy that told me has run a computer shop for 10 years and i worked there for 8, so i trust him implicitly. He has a jetway in his own machine and says he has sold hundreds of them and never has problems. He says the nforce2 chipset is also starting to have some problems with compatibility. I know everyone has their own opinions and i really like asus boards, but im kinda swayed by this guys opinion. What do you think?

Reaction score
Oh, the other thing is that he can order me stuff and i get it cost price. So if things go wrong with anything then i can get him to replace rather than sending back to whoever.

Just out of interest, who do you all buy from? Ive only really looked at ebuyer and overclockers.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hand on heart, I know nothing of Jetway boards, but I do know Asus, and they're generally OK. And the Nforce2 chipset is regarded as better than a Via chipset just about everywhere you look.

Having said that, I have two Via chipset based motherboards, an Asus and an Asrock (which I believe is a subsidary of Asus).

The Asrock board rocks, it's stable, fast, and I've never had a problem with it. Had a small problem with the Asus/Via board not working with an Nvidia FX5600 video card though.

Dunno, I dare say the Jetway board could be fine. If need be, vote with your wallet, but if it were me I'd go for the Asus/Nvidia2 board meself.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
bodhi said:
You not heard about any compatibility problems with nforce?
Yes, I have. In earlier versions, usually, and Bios updates usually sorted the prob.

I've had not a one problem with my two Nforce2 chipset boards (both Gigabyte).

Unless not being able to play CoD in Win XP Pro on any server that's punkbuster enabled is to do with an Nforce2 chipset compatibility problem ;)

Ask a Question